Quieter exhaust options?

lalojamesliz1

Hey guys,
I had a 3 inch ss mandrel bent exhaust made for my all-trac years ago. HUGE in cab volume difference from stock. I remember the next day I went back to the muffler shop to lower the sound output of it and all they could was install a glasspack (iirc) but it did slightly help.

It has a 3 inch downpipe, it has a catalytic converter installed (slight rattle while idling) and a vibrant 3 inch flow through muffler. I'm running a gen3 st205 engine/ecu at 16-18 psi

Anyone have any advice on what I can do to have a quieter exhaust besides going with a 2.5 exhaust system?

wilhelm101

If you have the money I like the bi-model designs dfrom x-force. Bit expensive but you get best of both worlds . Press a button and a 25db reduction then pop in the ear plugs for a straight threw pure performance.

pintoBC_3sgte

Add a resonator, it helped out big time. I had a 2.5” dp back straight thru exhaust to a can muffler and it was loud AF! This was on my 5sfte

With my swap, I’ve gone to 3” dp, 3” exhaust, vibrant ultra quiet resonator, magnaflow performance muffler and it is way quieter. I can actually have a conversation as I drive, drone is gone, and I can drive around town without looking like I’m speeding everywhere. Only gets loud when I get on it , and it’s not even that bad.

lalojamesliz1

pintoBC_3sgte":20vc2dfj said:
Add a resonator, it helped out big time. I had a 2.5” dp back straight thru exhaust to a can muffler and it was loud AF! This was on my 5sfte

With my swap, I’ve gone to 3” dp, 3” exhaust, vibrant ultra quiet resonator, magnaflow performance muffler and it is way quieter. I can actually have a conversation as I drive, drone is gone, and I can drive around town without looking like I’m speeding everywhere. Only gets loud when I get on it , and it’s not even that bad.

The vibrant resonator is tempting also and it's the same price as the magnaflow on the above post. I'm just wondering if it'll fit

GT4_DRED

lalojamesliz1":mm5f6mp6 said:
pintoBC_3sgte":mm5f6mp6 said:

The vibrant resonator is tempting also and it's the same price as the magnaflow on the above post. I'm just wondering if it'll fit
The resonator will be an easier fit, as what I'm recommending is an actual muffler, to be used as a pre-muffler.

lalojamesliz1

GT4_DRED":9ha8olyk said:
lalojamesliz1":9ha8olyk said:
pintoBC_3sgte":9ha8olyk said:

The resonator will be an easier fit, as what I'm recommending is an actual muffler, to be used as a pre-muffler.

Which one do you think will make my exhaust the quietest in your opinion? I need this done yesterday!
I love driving this car but the exhaust...... I've never heard how loud it actually is from the outside like it driving by unfortunately. But I also don't want anyone else driving it :evil:

underscore

Bumping this back up, can anyone confirm what model of resonator they've managed to fit under their car? I'm wanting to use the Vibrant Ultra Quiet like Jon has on his GTS but I'm not positive it'll fit. Looking at pictures of stock and aftermarket exhausts they all use an offset inlet model right before the connection to the axleback but they also look a bit wider, without dimensions to go off I can't tell how different they are. Ideally I'd buy the Blitz one to match the muffler but I can't find just a midsection with the resonator anywhere.

lalojamesliz1

underscore":ihuorbge said:
Bumping this back up, can anyone confirm what model of resonator they've managed to fit under their car? I'm wanting to use the Vibrant Ultra Quiet like Jon has on his GTS but I'm not positive it'll fit. Looking at pictures of stock and aftermarket exhausts they all use an offset inlet model right before the connection to the axleback but they also look a bit wider, without dimensions to go off I can't tell how different they are. Ideally I'd buy the Blitz one to match the muffler but I can't find just a midsection with the resonator anywhere.

I fit the vibrant resonator with some heat and a large hammer to reshape it slightly.

lalojamesliz1

underscore":2bk8b89r said:
No worries, thanks for the picture! Did it hurt the ground clearance much?

Not at all. I do have it at stock height though. A exhaust shop told me it wouldn't fit but then I had my friends mechanic checked it out and he just told me it will then he busted out the torch to heat the metal. I wanted to install it myself but for $50 what the hell

I just realized I can't get a ground clearance picture because I removed my exhaust already. Sorry man