New member from RVA!

Saavedro88

Hello! I had the opportunity of picking up an ST165 from a friend of mine recently, she ran into issues with her daily driver, and the Alltrac had just popped it's timing belt. I was more than willing to give her some cash to help with her DD, and in return I got the Alltrac!

I've been a mechanic for about 10 years, my first 4 years were at Chevrolet, then at 4 Wheel Parts, and most recently at a Japanese import independent shop. My first car was a 1987 Toyota Supra, I've had 3 Supras in total (two MA70s and an MA60) and a 1996 Celica GT, but I've been more interested in RX-7s in recent years. This ST165 is my first Toyota for a long time, but I'm happy that it feels pretty familiar.

Since I got it, I've mostly just been cleaning it up, I found out after I replaced the timing belt that it also needs a clutch, so It's not much fun to drive at the moment. I'm considering swapping in a third gen 3S-GTE for the easy power bump, and to have a lower mileage drivetrain, but we are moving so that may be further down the road. Looking forward to contributing to the community, thanks in advance for all the help and support!

Saavedro88

Mr Alltrac":2e6est2c said:
Yeah I am. Unfortunately my alltrac is not ha.

Well that's an unfortunate scenario. Will it be coming to RVA? Whereabouts in RVA are you? Do you participate in any local motorsports events?

Downtown Richmond, Broad st in between 2nd and 3rd. I doubt it will ever find it's way up here. I have my sti and brz here so there is no need for it. And more than likely I'm going to be moving back home at the end of next year.

I've been pretty busy this year so I haven't gone to any racing events, but I go to cars and coffee at recency square mall. And have been meaning to make it to the weekly meets at mission bbq but I always forget about them.