Doc race top mount exhaust manifold

rrain3288

Hey guys I'm not sure if anyone has posted on this manifold yet. I did some research and couldn't find any information on if it truly does fit in an alltrac engine bay. Doc race states that it will fit with the use of the gt4 rc hood. So I just did my test fit using a gen4 3s stroker and a precision 5858 clocked down. And it hits the hood ....... it looks like if I cut out a piece of the skeleton (2inchs under the buldge) it should work without it poking out of the hood. But I know a lot of people won't want to cut there hood.

rrain3288

Not really the turbo is behind the buldge vent. So the turbo housing is pressed into the hood skeleton. I will post up some pictures as soon as I can. The only way around this I can see is to cut into the hood or use a smaller turbo. But what would be the point of this manifold if i had to use a baby turbo.....

rrain3288

[album]1276[/album][album]1275[/album][album]1274[/album][album]1273[/album]
Here are some pictures of the doc race turbo manifold

GT4_DRED

That does position it up high. I'm not sure if it's the same on the 185 vs. the 165, but I had to adjust down my front motor mount, which reduced the angle of the motor enough to give me added clearance. May be worth checking prior to cutting the hood..

toayoztan

A $1000 manifold should fit without modification, if the claim states it fits.

Have you contacted them to figure out the issue?

Bryan

rrain3288

So I did contact doc race to inquire about this manifold and the response was pretty much" it sucks to be you"
They said they're going to remove the statement that it fits the alltrac but that's about it. They said they would offer to give me my money back but sense I bought the manifold from ATS racing and had it ceramic-coated they will not do anything about it since they won't be able to resell it.
He did say that maybe ats would give me something for it.lol
The funny thing is I never asked for a penny back. I want this manifold to fit as they stated it would. So much for customer service or standing by your work what a f****** joke LOL.

CMS-GT4

How long since the purchase? You CC or Paypal has an amount of time you can get something resolved. I suggest contacting the seller, telling them the issue. They can either refund you, or offer to modify it to work. If they are unwilling to work with you, the product is not as advertised, then file a claim. Keep all communications and receipts.

rrain3288

I contacted Scott with Ats racing and he has all ways been great. But the issue is doc race. Even if they refunded my money which I really don't want I just want a solution to the problem. I still lose out on everything paid 4 ceramic coating and having the downpipe made. It was advertised as it'll work and then when it doesn't the only response is too bad... LOL