CT20B

MARLON1211

this year am lookng to buy a CT20b, and I know this is a direct bolt on. I've heard fom the MR2 guys that this is one of the most reliable and most powerfull than a CT26. And lots of low end torque, and low end power.
Anyone has this convertion and pls give me your opinion on the comparisson on the old 26s to the 20s. For a (ST85). Thanks.
Marlon1211

gt4tuner

I don't have a CT20B, but I have driven my friends MR2 with the CT20B and a guitted cat and damn that thing spools up quick. It also keeps steady power all the way up the RPM range. Like Zeus says it would be a great turbo for auto-x.

MARLON1211

Yes you're right, and it cost way less than T3/T4. I know T's are good and is more high performance but if you're like me with limited resorces like (money). I would like no complication like tuning, manifold, Dp etc to make it work, and assembled right. Besides my goals is not too radical just around 13s, with stock engine, and little fuel mods. Thanks.
By the way never really seen one upclose, just how big is this compared to a ct26.
Marlon1211

toayoztan

I do hear one drawback is that no one in the states rebuilds these turbos. So aren't we taking a chance on the how long they last when we get them? i think someone did mention back on the old board that Majestic Turbo can rebuild these. Anyone want to give some info or clarrification on the ct20b being able to be rebuilt and also, info on Majestic Turbo? (might as well, since we have a fresh board heh)

Thanks!
Bryan

coyoteboy

Is the 20B a bolt-on HP upgrade at the same pressure, or is it just going to allow greater performance improvement through other mods. I've heard claims of 30bhp increase just by adding the 20B at the same pressure - seems a tad odd to me.

J

Kyoto

I too have been looking into getting one of these for my 165 however out of the two places i called thus far, one of them basically laughed at me, and the second said i would have real problems locating one without buying a front-cut. I am in Melbourne, Australia by the way...

So i have two questions. Have you guys found them hard to come by in the states? And secondly, wll i need to upgrade my fuel system to run the 20b? if so what with?

Cheers

Gary

Kyoto":cpd3b2p5 said:
I too have been looking into getting one of these for my 165 however out of the two places i called thus far, one of them basically laughed at me, and the second said i would have real problems locating one without buying a front-cut. I am in Melbourne, Australia by the way...

So i have two questions. Have you guys found them hard to come by in the states? And secondly, wll i need to upgrade my fuel system to run the 20b? if so what with?

Cheers
Not really, if you are planning to keep it at stock boost.
They show up now and then on Ebay and on MR2 board.

Mad1

if you are looking for a 20b or a modded 26 then do a search for "MIDNBLUE" on ebay I have just bought a 26 with T4 47mm trim and its nice, he also does fully recon 20b if you offer him $500 - $550 he will take it, then after shipping it will be about $650 maybe a little more,
still 100% worth it

Kyoto

Thanks for help Gary. I have been reading various info for the last hour and haven't been able to find the answer to my question, though i could have sworn i've read it somewhere before. Anyway, I recently purchased an Aussie 3" DP/CP/Cat combo and was wondering if there is much hassle getting the 20b to fit to this setup, if it's at all even possible? I know its a bolt-on to the 185 manifold so I imagine its just a case of minor modding but i would like to be sure before spending the money...

Gary

CT20B will bolt on to ST185 exhaust manifold and Aussie downpipe. You just need to remove the extra stud on the flange.