0-60 and 1/4 mile time
1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 5.3 13.8
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 5.8 14.3
1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 5.3 14.0
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 5.7 14.2
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 5.4 13.5
1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 4.8 13.6

RedCelicaTRD

They arnt that quick. I raced my friends 91 with a six speed that was all stock and it was neck and neck. I was running 18 lbs and a 3" downpipe as my only mods so I think those times are wrong.

GT4times2

13s are respectable for a car weighing that much..Easy to run low 12s/high 11s on stock turbos. Im tired of portly cars, therefore wouldn't think of buying one.

Mafix

plex,
i have a friend who is a member of the 3000gt clubs. i've been to their meets and seen what those cars can do. and i have to say that the 3000gt v6tt will stomp the hell out of any celica any day stock to stock. and to top that off i've raced several of them to prove this. fastest ones are in the mid 10's on the same motor with interior. what celica can you say that about? sorry everyone else, venting.
Aside from that i would rather have my celica any day to that 4000 lb non cornering beotch. :p

alltracman78

Mafix":1gwrswtg said:
i have to say that the 3000gt v6tt will stomp the hell out of any celica any day stock to stock.
Not the WRC 205 :wink:
Or any 205 for that matter.
Might beat it, but not by much.

Kyoto

I heard this from a magazine so i can't personally back it up, however i know that while they are reasonably quick for a stock car, they apparently behave strangely when modified. And when i strangely, i mean your better off not modding them! :shrug:

Does anyone know anything about that?

SuperWhite92

alltracman78":32ognphc said:
They ARE DSMs. :shrug:

Not the greatest quality.

Honestly, I couldn't think of a better way to put it. They certainly are DSM's. They go very fast for fairly cheap, but the 6g72 motor that comes in the 3kgt is even less reliable than the 4g63 that came in talons and eclipses. Especially once modded

They should beat our celicas. 205 would be close, though. And there's no reason why they shouldn't. Even with the extra weight, they have two extra cylinders, one extra turbo and about 100 extra horsepower.

However, they have some really nasty problems that just magnify once they get modded. For example, the oil pump is barely enough to support the engine. Let it get worn out and your engine goes hungry. Also, the transmissions are not what you'd want to be using.

Later models, however, started to have fewer and fewer tranny problems, but the oil problem still glares at the owners. And that problem can be fixed by consulting the aftermarket.

They are way agressive looking cars, though. And they can get stupid fast, stupid quick.
I always think twice before racing one.