tragic accident

gpmarzan

on my way to class this morning, a civic hatch (later i found out it has a gsr motor) was in front of me, both of us merging on to the main highway. i was wot in 3rd just to see if this lil civic really has something done to it getting up to highway speed limit. he wasnt pulling nor was i gaining so i said "cool" and backed off. well the civic driver just kept on going.

ok, its a two lane road, we were on the left lane (fast lane), there was a van in front of him so he switched onto the other lane to pass it, well the van decided to switch onto the slow lane while the civic was trying to do the same to pass the van. the civic clocked his wheel fast back to the left but he was going too fast and it looked like he steered too much so he lost control of his car RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! his car hit the left side wall and skidded onto the right side wall. Man, i tell you, it was shocking and scary at the same time. i thought i was gonna hit him cause i thought his car would shift to slide towards me, but his car just smacked onto the right side into a stop. later i found out that is one of my friends, friends boyfriend. hope the guy is alright. this is why you never mess around on public highways/streets

gpmarzan

update:
so i just spoke to my friend that knows the guy. hes ok she says, but now he's pist off at me cause he said "i was tailgating him" ..wtf!? not my fault youre trying to show off your fast gsr motor. take responsibily for your action and blame no one but yourself if youre gonna drive like that. i felt bad at first but somewhat i dont anymore

oh and ps: his car is totalled

gpmarzan

Aaron":1qi2ep7n said:
Damn it, man. It's clearly your fault he can't make a lane change. :roll:
you being sarcastic? :shrug: i was a good 15-20ft away from him. and no one asked him to take over on the slow lane.

RedCelicaTRD

Ya he was being sarcastic. And I wouldnt be surprized if his insurance tries to come after you in some way for the "tailgateing".

Traks

I think it is your fault that I bent my rim last year. it is all becuase you were tailgating that guy!

:shoots:

j/k

gpmarzan

RedCelicaTRD":1n8ekn9e said:
Ya he was being sarcastic. And I wouldnt be surprized if his insurance tries to come after you in some way for the "tailgateing".
insurance? please..i was talking to some people that knows him and they said they doubt he has full coverage on it. and the guy said it himself, the van cut him off. he's just pist off at me cause hes prob blaming me for his stupidity.

RIalltrac

gpmarzan":1s2m9v96 said:
RedCelicaTRD":1s2m9v96 said:
insurance? please..i was talking to some people that knows him and they said they doubt he has full coverage on it. and the guy said it himself, the van cut him off. he's just pist off at me cause hes prob blaming me for his stupidity.

He can try to blame that van all he wants, passing on the right is illegal. Dont care what part of the country your in. Most stupid people will reach for the first scapegoat they could find. Just consider yourself lucky that you didnt "race" him, otherwise you'd probably be staring at junked out 4th gen :wink:

billprice

Aaron":kx0nmar4 said:
Damn it, man. It's clearly your fault he can't make a lane change. :roll:

He's right! It's people like you that cause WAY too many problems. I can probably blame you for my being ugly!! I hate you! ;-)