Drift ATL

enzytebob

EC Knightrider, how is the drifting scene these days? This is strictly my opinion, but isn't it dying a slow death here in the US?because it is an event with really no objective but for showoffs who have rubber and clutches to burn?

Road racing OK there's an end in sight
Drag racing OK there's an end in sight
Drifting... lemme think about it. what's the objective?

Maybe if the proponents of this spectacle (I cant even call this a sport, sorry) get Nascarlike and get enough prominent talking heads like in Nascar who can infinitely dissect ways to taking four bends and drafting with retarded automobiles, it might generate more interest)
I guess they (the drifters, have run out of ideas) It's great as a front act, though.

The fact that no one has shown interest is not a good sign, don't you think?

AWDtoyota

EC Knightrider please don't listen to what he has to say. I would love to go but it's a good distance from me. I have a friend who may enter into the event, and if he does I will definatly be there(not with the all-trac unfortunatly :( ).

I have been to a couple drift events here in florida, some local guys and one D1 driver search event. And trust me you will enjoy it. I didn't think it was all that special until I went to my first event, from then on I've been hooked. In my opinion if you enjoy both drag racing, and road racing, you will love this. But don't take my word for it, go experience it for yourself, just don't listen to this guy. I loved it so much that I'm going to try it, I'm currently looking for a 240SX right now.

And also drifting is not dying, just open your eyes and see how many events are up coming for this year. Where do you live, because you should go to an event and see how much of a thrill it is. But yes, I do agree that it will eventually die of just as everything else does, but right now.....no.

And don't even get me started on the amount of skill drifting requires.