205 IC on 165 motor

saved_1992

thanks for the help, should be all adjusted and installed fully by next weekend. unless more fitment problems show their face :evil:

saved_1992

205intercooleron165010.jpg

ok it is on now just have to finish the hoses and reinstall stuff that i took off

saved_1992

205intercooleron165011.jpg
[/img]

used a intake adapter from ATS, or can use the one that BayAreaAT sells too. the intake hose was from a mr2 turbo

saved_1992

thanks for the compliments :D

i did run the car a few miles and she pulled very very hard, i still have to hook up the electric fan to the bigger ic radiator and install the fcd adjust boost. then we will see, i am suppose to go the 1/4 mile on friday so i will really be able to tell what the improvement will be. all stock set-up running 10psi i ran a best of 15.50 at 86-87 mph.

i am on vacation this week so i should be able to finalize my write up, as long as i do not get too big of a "honey do list"

killer_siller

saved_1992":2z8a59lc said:
well i do know the 205 will fit on a stock 165 if you clock the turbo, but you would have to cut the inlet of the intercooler about 3-4 inches.

i did not want to do that, so out came the 1 gen turbo assem in went the 2 gen exhaust manifold and turbo. i used the adapters for the water and oil lines from the 1 gen and swapped to the 2 gen. now in the process of the adjustments needed to fit.

note with the 2gen exhaust manifold and turbo the intercooler fits with cutting inlet a little. the 2 gen puts the turbo farther away from the engine and sits lower.

dear god i wish i had parts like that lying around

saved_1992":2z8a59lc said:
out came the 1 gen turbo assem in went the 2 gen exhaust manifold and turbo. i used the adapters for the water and oil lines from the 1 gen and swapped to the 2 gen

....i hate you. i wish i could just 'out and in' something like that.

saved_1992

working on the write up, darn should have listened to my english teacher and learned how to write :shrug: i feel like i am doing home work again. :cry: :doh: :x

saved_1992

i have ordered 2 different exhaust flanges (thickness) to be able to tell if using these will set the turbo far enough away from the oil cooler. this would be a better and easier option than modifing the actuator arm. :) one is 1/2" the other is 3/8", also this should help with the fit of the intercooler.

note this will be for info on future installs, mine is up and running :D

i hope the weather is good for friday night and the track, i really want to open this thing up.