How do you pronounce it?

• Cell-EeeeeeEK-a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cell-ick-a

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shaggz00

Depends on who I'm with,
half my friends/family are hispanic so I say "Cell-EeeeeeEK-a"...
The other half umm, not hispanic. so I say "Cell-ick-a"

So I vote for both! buuut It wont let me.. :doh:
But BOTH I TELL YOUUUUU!

liveXwire

Well yea I'd have to go with the Japanese katakana pronouncation of it, セリカ, like Gary already said. It always depends on where you are on how words are pronounced, so I never really care how people choose to. Especially since it’s a Spanish word, used on a Japanese car it’s hard to say. I'm sure most people know what you're referring to no matter how you choose to emphasize the word.

yettegog

ahh i didn't know it was a spanish word, interestingly enough it shares two character's w/my name in the case of katakana

i looked it up, celica is derived from 'heavenly' or 'celestial'

ChrisD

I conducted a poll with this very same question a long time ago on the GT4 list.

The basic result is that it was marketed differently in different regions. In Canada, it is seleeeeeeka, and in the US it is said selicka. This was consistent with Canadian/American TV commercials too.

So yes, I say it seleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeka. :p

db

Sel-ick-a. Everyone who pronounces it differently is an ignorant, uncouth, savage. Or Canadian, which is about the same thing anyways.

Robb

It's Sel-ick-a, the other way sounds ghay. I was talking to guy from Calgery awhile back and he was saying seleeeeeka. I thought he was weird and watched to many JDM drift videos :crazy: and no it wasn't chris dittrick,haha.

gpmarzan

i say sel-ick-a. when i was on the phone with a canadian importer when i was buying my engine he was referring it as seleeeka. i was like "wtf?" haha. Now i just say alltrac when people ask what kind of car do i have. although mostly none will know what it is so most of the time i would need to say sel-ick-a once again.

ChrisD

You guys also have to understand that it was pronounced "celeeeeeka" in Canadian advertisements as well. It's not because we are "ignorant, uncouth, or savage".

But you can think what you want.

toayoztan

chris_dittrick":1pe2tfqw said:
You guys also have to understand that it was pronounced "celeeeeeka" in Canadian advertisements as well. It's not because we are "ignorant, uncouth, or savage".

But you can think what you want.

I think he was just messing around :)

It's like Japanese, they say their car names very differently too.

Bryan