Removing inside door pannel on st185

QIK_GT4

has any one got a diagram or instructions on how to remove the door pannel? like with lists of the screws and stuff... well for starters how do u guys get the round grey plastic cap things off?

these grey caps

picture00300.jpg

picture00301.jpg

shoteh

dont be too gentle with those things, I use to but didnt realize that it needed a little more effort to get them off. like RIalltrac said just use a flathead and a little weight and it pops off.

turbo4wd

When you get past those buggers, remember that there are several screws on the bottom of the door, i believe one in the arm rest, one in the door handle, and one in the speaker box that youve all got to take off..

Just remember, once you get all the screws out, the door panel lifts off pretty easily. If you cant get it to come off easily, DO NOT force it.. check, because its very possible you missed one last screw..

And when you reinstall it, just make sure youve got everything lined up properly otherwise theres a clip towards the rear of the door that will rub against the glass and scratch it if its misaligned..

Traks

If you have sys10, behind the sys10 badge is a screw :)

Getting that off is another screwdriver job.

The flathead kind, not the kind with vodka.

celicat93

while we're at it, any tricks to getting the actual sub panel off? I bought one of those tools that's supposed to get around the plastic fasteners to pry them out, but I'm still having trouble with them.

zblu81

there's one behind the open door reflector/light too.

the black plastic piece that mounts the sub to the door just has screws holding it on. if your trying to get the door-sub trim piece off with out taking the rest of the door panel off, stop. you have to remove the entire door panel.

QIK_GT4

far out! but im pretty pissed off with either japan or my australia compliers!

my right door had all its screws so i spent a while getting that pannel of luckily with the help of my alarm installer hehehe..

and OMFG! the left door when i was taking it off!!! %^*&^&$*&%% it was missing 70% of its frigen screws!

and i also was checking why the corner light on the door would'nt turn on and guess what?!?!!? they frigen disconnected it and left it sitting around doing nothing! so i pluged it back in and it was sweet!

any one got spare door screws? hahahaha cant be bothere to go size matching for all missing screws on my car and believe im missing about 20 at the least all over the car!

GT4RC

omg haha, i just finished deadening my doors, and installing 6.5's into the system 10 locations. oh my god its so much more work than the average car....

underscore

Does anyone know if the panel can come off with the door closed? Something got messed up with my GTS thats been sitting and now I can't open the drivers door from either side.

underscore

Darn, this might get complicated then. What area of the door are the hidden screws in? I only really need to get the back upper corner off enough to get in there and pop it open.