CONFUSED bout da PERFORMANCE from FIJI ISLANDS

A

Anonymous

hi to all....consider me in a very desperate situation as I come from FIJI ISLANDS wid hardly any excess to good vehicle resources.

I lately bought a 1994 model GT-4,ST 205.Was really impressed wid its performance,only mod I did was plugged in a MONZE blow off valve, till 1 day its clucth started to slip.Oh well My car was parked at a garage for a week b4 I could get hold of EXCEDY RACING CLUTCH from Australia(the whole clutch kit).After I got it out from the garage things started detoriating.I hardly had power,drove like a normal celica,what I noticed was that As soon as I hit on the accelerator the boost gauge hits hi up to the + widout much power gain.

Very depressed I took the car to the Toyota Car dealers,keeping in mind that this is the only piece in FIJI and a japanese second hand,they suggested that the clucth was still slipping.As much as suprised I was,I had no choice,imported its GENUINE CLUTCH KIT from Japan,this time we came to find out that iniatially the FLYWHEEL was machined(polished) and fitted witeh the EXCEDY RACING CLUTCH therefore it slipped,regardless found a second hand FLYWHEEL of a ST185,had it installed at expensive labour.

Believe it or not,it still doesnt have that power drive that it used to have.
The moment the speed is pressed teh boost gauge goes to teh max giving just a little above normal aceleration power :-(

Fiji has not advanced in the trubocharge industry therefor the info and resources are limited.

I have nearly spent $30,000 AUD on this GT-four and I don't know wat to do more.Could any1 kindly assist me with sumthing pleeeeeeeez

alltracman78

Can you look under the car yourself?
If the clutch is slippping, the engine rpms will raise fast, but you won't be going that fast. It will happen more in higher gears.
Do you have a check engine light on?
Was anything else replaced?
Does anything look like it's missing?
They might have forgot to plug in a sensor, or broken one.

rightrac

i for one say we don't help this guy, he gets to live in the fiji islands!

jk :D

need more details in order to help ya out for sure though.