Which 185 engine?

beej

1) i was unaware there were differences in build years of the RC model
2) im sure ur car will be able to tell u WHEN it was made
3) what do u mean by which 185 engine??? they're all gen2's with slightly different specs (JDM, AUD, USDM, and then the RC/CS/Group A variants on each of those bar the USDM)

soundbombing

I was just wondering because when my friend was installing the safc II, it looked like it had a production date split. i have a us 1st gen alltrac. the motor is a 2nd gen rc motor. he figured it out by looking at the ecu but i just wanted to know for reference which motor i had. maybe it is just an ecu/wiring change.

beej

soundbombing":20wgtbs7 said:
I was just wondering because when my friend was installing the safc II, it looked like it had a production date split. i have a us 1st gen alltrac. the motor is a 2nd gen rc motor. he figured it out by looking at the ecu but i just wanted to know for reference which motor i had. maybe it is just an ecu/wiring change.

i think i know what ur saying here

the RC / Group A ECU has is different to the standard 185 ECU including pin out. the 1st gen and 2nd gen 3S-GTE's in tehir respective 165 and 185s are different also.

simply put ur ECU is the same as any Grp A/RC ECU, but slightly different to all other 185 ECU's. NOTE: All other 185 ECU's are identical

alltracman78

No, no, no.
The USDM ecu's are different, based on year. The 90/91 is different than the 92/93. This doesn't apply to the CS/RC models. Not sure if it applies to non USDM or not.