ST205 ecu...quick question

martin

hi,

can anyone tell me which wire on the ecu is the one that sends the signal to the "check engine" light on the guage cluster.

I don't have that one wire from the body harness hooked up to the ecu, so my check engine light does not come on when i put the key in the on position.

thanks,

Martin

Gary

This is ST205 pinouts.
It's the "W" wire.
205ecupinout2ek8zv.jpg

The circuit looks like this on ST185.

martin

Ok, that was the correct wire and the light is working. Thanks!

Now the bad news, the light is staying on. I will check for codes tommorow. I'm pretty sure it will be atleast code 54.

My IC pump is not wired to the oem electonics like it came new. I will check the other theread you responded to me about this code 54 before.

One question though, if lets say i keep the IC pump just wired on a switch the way i have it now, can i do the trick with the " diode" from Radio Shack to fool the ecu that the ic motor is there and functioning?

One other option would be to rewire the pump back to the oem wires etc, but than it would be turning of and on on it's own. I would like to keep the pump running longer that the ecu would tell it to because of the midengine design of my car and heat issues there..

Martin

martin

lets say i get a gen 3 sw20 ecu. That will take care of code 54 right? Any wires that would need to be rewired to make other sensors work? Anyone done this before?

Martin

Gary

martin":y0z47e64 said:
lets say i get a gen 3 sw20 ecu. That will take care of code 54 right? Any wires that would need to be rewired to make other sensors work? Anyone done this before?

Martin
I'm not really sure about this, but you could be right because the late model MR2 (with 3rd gen engine) didn't come with w/a IC.