Put badass high revving 300hp V8 in spare alltrac

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT4times2

I say you put a 3SGTE back in it and call it a day, or sell it to someone that may need an Alltrac. Im not into the V8 into the Alltrac or FWD thing.

AWDios

Yeah, I don't think that such a rare car should be converted to RWD. There are lots of people out there that desperately want one, and bone stock would be fine.

C-dubb

its not bone stock...it doesnt have an engine in it...its not even capable of being ..."stock" it doesnt have anything in it. the interior is bare metal...the front end is entirley taken apart. As i said before i would never tear apart an alltrac to do something like this it. it's just that this car doesn't have the potetial to regain it's alltrac status..without thousands of dollars in parts. The reason i was considering this project is because i have the two sitting around and why not make one running car out of two...decomissioned cars. As far as selling to someone ...i have tried no one wants a car ....that isnt a car.

AWDios

Well fine. I'm not suggesting anything anymore. Sounds like you've made up your mind anyways.

:shrug:

CelicaGT4

I'm not into this idea at all. I mean, you're only gaining around 100hp from a stock form 3sgte. Put the money into the one you've got running, sell the one thats gutted and stripped, make yourself a 400+awhp celica. If you're gonna do a V8 swap do it in a 1st gen rx7...my buddy put a 5.0 in his and supercharged it and it's putting out close to 600hp. Boo to puting a v8 in an alltrac....BOOOOO

C-dubb

I respect your opinion but you have to take the facts into consideration...my primary alltrac is well on its way to being a high hp machine,fully ,fully built internals freshly rebuilt head with oversized valves ...a new turbo and im even further on my way. There is no wasting money on this because i already have the car and engine to get it done... I have no desire to find an rx-7 to put an engine in .... i personally know of at least two people who have put chevy 350 in their rx-7 ...it's not a new thing...the reason i am thinking of the project because it is something new and it involves something a little more advanced than a small block 350 and a direct bolt up kit. god. if there are enough people in the world who are putting 350's in their rx-7 for someone to generalize a bolt in 350 kit for them....its not worth doing.

CelicaGT4

C-dubb":3k9h1cc5 said:
I respect your opinion but you have to take the facts into consideration...my primary alltrac is well on its way to being a high hp machine,fully ,fully built internals freshly rebuilt head with oversized valves ...a new turbo and im even further on my way. There is no wasting money on this because i already have the car and engine to get it done... I have no desire to find an rx-7 to put an engine in .... i personally know of at least two people who have put chevy 350 in their rx-7 ...it's not a new thing...the reason i am thinking of the project because it is something new and it involves something a little more advanced than a small block 350 and a direct bolt up kit. god. if there are enough people in the world who are putting 350's in their rx-7 for someone to generalize a bolt in 350 kit for them....its not worth doing.

I said a 5.0, which is a mustang motor and is a 302 cu/in. 350 is a chevy motor and I also shake my head at that.

C-dubb

i realize that you said 5.0 , i said i have seen many with CHEVY 350s ...it's just the fact that i've seen so many rx-7 with v8's...granted i would much rather see a 3rd gen rx7 with a 5.0 superchargedengine in it ...but still what i have is what i have and im just looking for something constructive with this situation.

the911s

That would be awesome. I mean... you already have one 3sgte awd car, so it would be cool to have one with a high hp v8 driving the rear wheels. And it's not like they're THAT rare, as long as it's not a 93 or something. And then, it's already torn apart, so who cares. It's your car.

GT4TOY

I say go for it dude, its not like its a complete one or anything.

and the potential for a Turbo/Superchanged V8..... sounds bloody good to me!!!!

SBCelicaGT

I say go for it! The DOHC Lincoln V8 is an awesome engine. I'd be mostly concerned with the engine weight though. The Toyota 4.0L 1UZFE weighs just about 50lbs more than a fully equipped 3SGTE so that swap won't really screw with the weight balance. In fact it might improve it seeing as the 50lbs can be taken out of the axles and A/C system which would mean the weight would be shifted back towards the firewall.

That might not be the case for the lincoln V8.

Of course, if you do the swap, you need a blower on that beast, cowled hood, and a sweet picture of the car doing a massive burnout. :D

the911s

I wouldn't be too concerned about the weight distribution. you don't drop a lincoln v8 in a sport compact if you're concerned about handling. that's what his other car is for. this one... well, it will be fast in a straight line :lol:

I can't figure out why people dump thousands of bucks into making a 2L engine fast in the quarter. v8 engine swaps seem like a much more logical path. for horsepower, there is no replacement for displacement.