How to remove Sunroof panel?

TomsGT4

^^^
That's a really good writeup.
Very good advice about keeping the guides lubricated up.
Good way not to burn out your sunroof motor :wink:

I took mine out to fix a broken plastic guide & fab up a missing rubber wheel that fits on one of the guide rails (sunroof was popping up everytime I slammed the door).

sunroof0fn.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

jprine01

Hrm mine pops up when i close the door, i thought it was just normal. It works fine but the motor sounds like its having a hard time, then it will stop half way, i push the button again and it will move the rest of the way. Stops in the same spot every time. Guess i will have to take mine apart one day and clean it up. Good writeup, that guy doesnt even have a celica anymore lol.

RIalltrac

Fastrac":1f1rxm0y said:
The stopping is a safety feature. It's so kids and such won't easily close the SR on their neck.

ya know for the longest time I was trying to figure out why in the hell the made the sunroof work like that. I think its got to be the most annoying thing in the world.

maroon_185

RIalltrac":zcwvn6si said:
ya know for the longest time I was trying to figure out why in the hell the made the sunroof work like that. I think its got to be the most annoying thing in the world.

guess you don't have a owners manual, either that or you haven't read it.

Terracar

Hmmm the link doesn't work for me. Did you have any problems using it Silence?

Have to fix mine and while I await my tax refund so I can get my motor I figured I would get some of the other odds & ends out of the way :p

-Terra

silence

its very straightforward. I removed it, and cleaned mine out, lubed it up, and now it works great...moves really quick, and I havent had any problems....there is some foam that holds it to the roof, that makes it hard to pry off even after you remove all of the bolts....but other than that, no problems.