SDR or AEM?

pog0

Well guys I am considering selling my VPC setup as some of you have seen. I think I should just save up for an EMS and be happier. Plus I am thinking of a whole different set up to go with until my motor blows for a rebuild. Now to the point, I am broke, but I should have money if I sell the VPC and save up for a while... now should I get the SDR or the AEM?

SDR is cheap, seems like it is tuner friendly, but there aren't as many options like the Nemesis or the AEM. No knock control is my main concern.

AEM is available to me at a great price, couple more hundred than the SDR. But I heard that the 3.5 GM sensor is a bitch, so people run the AEM one which is like a 100 bucks, the GM AIT + bung is like 30 bucks. Then tuning, who knows how much there. Has knock control and 2 step and a bunch of other little cool shit.

Basically AEM is gonna be more no matter what but should I just save the extra money and just get the AEM over the SDR?

Griffin

92AllTracTurbo":26jxweor said:
Well guys I am considering selling my VPC setup as some of you have seen. I think I should just save up for an EMS and be happier. Plus I am thinking of a whole different set up to go with until my motor blows for a rebuild. Now to the point, I am broke, but I should have money if I sell the VPC and save up for a while... now should I get the SDR or the AEM?

SDR is cheap, seems like it is tuner friendly, but there aren't as many options like the Nemesis or the AEM. No knock control is my main concern.

AEM is available to me at a great price, couple more hundred than the SDR. But I heard that the 3.5 GM sensor is a bitch, so people run the AEM one which is like a 100 bucks, the GM AIT + bung is like 30 bucks. Then tuning, who knows how much there. Has knock control and 2 step and a bunch of other little cool shit.

Basically AEM is gonna be more no matter what but should I just save the extra money and just get the AEM over the SDR?

IMO its well worth the extra for the AEM, Plus as long as you spring for the wideband O2 tuning is a lot less expensive. You can basically tune the car on the street and then when you go to the dyno you're looking at mild tweaks.

Also I don't know what the interface for the SDR is like, but the AEM interface and logging are the best - hands down. The AEM is also very flexible.

AEM also has cool stuff like switched inputs to run multiple maps, anti-lag, and more.

Smaay

i have the AEM on my 91 MR2 and i love it. Griffin and myself have been learning more and more...i was having a detonation problem at 13psi boost...then we saw my knock control was off. as soon as we turned it on...no more knock....i love the AEM!!!! you cant go wrong...