minnesota alltrac owners

shoteh

his girlfriend had a conference/meeting type thing in bloomington so he tagged along. and I've never seen that gts before, doesnt look good though.

Sifu

:p
I was just teasing Gary. For you who don't know, Rick's Cabaret is a skin bar. How would I know? Well I used to work across the street (in the other side of the large building). I've never been to a skin bar, but I've heard they have a great salad. Go fig...

I've seen this GTS every now and then when I was going to school in DT Minneapolis. The dead giveaway was the Yin/Yang on the window.

Sifu

It's coming. I just purchased an engine hoist, engine stand, $250 of new tools (still "Crapsman," but you know better than the Taiwan "one-twist-crap-it's-already-broken!" suff), boost controller, fcd, boost guage, seals, and other parts. We're shooting for the following Saturday for round II.

You wanna' join?!? Free beer courtesy of me... And smokes (if you smoke) :smokes: Half the job is done. The tranny is out and we just need to take out the engine, put on the new clutch/PP/FW, mate them, and VIOLA (I hope)!

shoteh

you bought an engine lift? man that things $$$...shoulda asked me, I coulda loaned you one I think(if its not bein used right now...) man i've been busy this whole month. This weekend headin to duluth to help my cousin fix some stuff. but the real thing is schools takin all my time. tests left n right; keep me updated though so maybe I can helpout whenever. Truthfully I'm jus a beginner so I'm still just learning, my dad didnt even let me touch engine stuff till recently. but im sure if its anything I can do, ill try my best with lotta learnin from you guys.

-craftsmen has lifetime gaurantee so no worries 8)

Sifu

I figured that I'd buy one so that I get to fixing the car, and so I'll become more involved fixing things (besides, rent it enough and you practically own one). I don't mind borrowing, but then it sucks when the friends calls and all I can say is "Sorry bro, it's on the hoist! whaddaya want me to do?"

shoteh

true true...hey o yea forgot you got a tc...my cousin was thinking about getting one, do you like it, how does it drive?

Sifu

The tC ROCKS! Best bang for the buck vehicle I've ever bought ($19k w/ 100k warranty). Comes w/
- 17" Enkei designed stock alloys
- 4wheel disc brakes
- Front Open diff
- Camry's 2azfe DOHC 160hp/163tq engine (zippy too!)
- awesome stock stereo w/ MP3 playability
- Indie front susp. and dual wishbone in the rear
- Dual moonroof, good looking interior (for it's price and class), very good exterior design

All for less than $17k. Dood, it is an AWESOME daily driver. I miss my ST so bad, but I'd still buy it in a heartbeat. My father hates their 04 Solara and wants to get another tC. If your cuz buys it, he won't be disappointed. It really is a nice ride.

Fairly quick too! I've got a couple of Nissan and Si kills in it bone stock. It's not super fast, but it gets the job done. It always puts a smile on my face to see their $22k+ machine beaten by a less exspensive car. You think it's as slow as the other Scions, but seriously, this thing is pretty quick.

I've just broken 10k on it, so now it's time to have some real phun!

trbotoyboy

SHOTEC:
No, I dont work at toyota city, I work downtown. sorry it took so long to reply to that.

Unfortanatly I used to be a alltrac wannabe before. (although I never had vent behind my doors :twisted: ) I had a green 92 st coupe w/ alltrac hood, shaved door handles, neon green underbody lights, lowered springs and poorly tinted windows. I bought it that way off ebay in florida. Needless to say it was pretty but lacked what I really wanted in a celica BALLS AND AWD. you guys may have seen it crusing around the minneapolis area over the last couple years. Sold it to a girl from coon rapids last summer.

shoteh

trbotoyboy- yeah I saw your green one but knew it wasnt an AT cuz it was a coupe.

Sifu-man I test drove the TC last weekend at East side auto for my aunt cuz she wants a new car and that thing was pretty quick, at least faster then I thought. Though the look was more appealing for me so we'll see how that goes. The sunroof was nice and so was the system head unit cover :) . I thought the trunk woulda been bigger but not bad.

Sifu

I am waiting patiently for the supercharger for the tC. I know I know, I said I wasn't going to do it. But being under factory warranty w/ just a small increase in monthly payments? HOW CAN YOU NOT DO IT?

shoteh

Sifu":1157hzdj said:
I am waiting patiently for the supercharger for the tC. I know I know, I said I wasn't going to do it. But being under factory warranty w/ just a small increase in monthly payments? HOW CAN YOU NOT DO IT?

man whos the guy always posting he needs money? now I know where its going punk... :nono: :)

VanFab

hey guys, don't pay attention to the login-name, i am straight up rochester-ian. i'm wondering what an ST165 goes for back home? it doesnt have to be pretty, just mechanically sound with a solid chassis.

the thing is, i found a black '88 out here, but considering what i have read regarding the reliability of these cars, i think it best not try and drive it home. any information you could give me would be helpful, and i look forward to joining you in all-trac ownership soon.

Jake

Sifu

Man, you got me! My car is still being fixed for like the 2nd year now! Hopefully someone will chime in...

If you are in the San Jose area, chances are they are in better condition over there. You know the salt around here, especially with an older vehicle. It just means cancer for an Alltrac.

My guess for a running 165 w/ no rust and about 150K miles would run around $3k-5k? $5,000 being in pretty good shape.

VanFab

thank you for the info sifu; i figured they would go for some pretty good money. the thing is, the guy only wants $1000 for the '88. They have the sun here instead of salt, so it has some cracks on the dash and the clearcoat is missing on the front passenger fender, but other than that, it only has 139,000 miles. i'm pretty sure that i'm going to have to pass on it, so if anyone can afford to have it trailered back, i would be happy to get that person in touch with the owner.

other info about the car:
1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac
All stock
Black exterior, one 6-in dent on passenger door, but pretty straight overall
Red cloth interior in fair condition
Some oil under the car; my bet would be crank seals
Tires need to be replaced
Not registered since 2002
Intercooler temp sensor is reportedly not functioning properly
Runs, but it stalled several times on my trip down the block, idle is rough and it reportedly does not do well over 35 mph

for pics, email me at vannormanj@uwstout.edu

shoteh

yea a car in that situation will need lotta TLC before it runs well. I say unless you have much money and time, you'de be better off with a better conditioned car.