ST165 Stock CD units?

'Ey, guys. After a rather successful junkyard haul, I managed to get(among other things) an owner's manual that covers the ST165. In it, there's mention of a CD player being offered for at least the '89 models. Whenever I start my interior restoration, I'm trying to keep everything just as close to stock-looking that I can; and one of theese units would be a great way to do that and still keep the ability to play CDs. Does anyone know of any sources(other than the dealer) that I may be able to find one?

Rick89GTS

I've check all the Celicas I've seen in junkyards, for sale, on the road, etc and I've still never seen one either. I know they exist, somebody here must have one!?

I have seen one before... just once. There was an MA71 turbo that a guy was selling here in town that had the CD player. Rest of the system was heavily aftermarket, but they kept the stock deck. Actually, the stock CD player worked just fine for how old it was. But, wow... they still have decks in junkyards up there? In the ones I go to, there's nothing left of stereo systems, no matter what car it is. Old, new, stock, aftermarket... doesn't matter. Although, I did gety lucky this weekend... entire leather interior from an '89 GT-S that just showed up in that junkyard. Going to pull it tomorrow, but for $50 tops? Even if I decide it's fugly for my car(blue leather with black ST165 interior; might look nice, might not), I've still got a crazy furnature project with the stock seat for a computer chair.

Rick89GTS

AlltracAvenger":3vz9e7od said:
......entire leather interior from an '89 GT-S that just showed up in that junkyard.......

Wow. We never got the leather option for the 89 GT-S here in Canada. It was only available on the ST165

Yikes... that's a bit strange. Gota closer look at the car when I was pulling the interior. It definately was a GT-S... 3SGE, four-wheel disc brakes with 5-lug hubs, GT-S options(like the seats, leather, lumbar support, etc..), but it was equipped with an ST/GT instument cluster. Odd... but I'll tell you what, the interior pull was a pretty interesting job. I've got a write-up I'm working on of it... would it be more relavent if I posted it here or the FAQ section, though?