foglights from other celicas for RC bumper?or other options?

A

Anonymous

It occurred to me when driving around, after installing my RC bumper, that the fog lamps from non-GTS or All-trac 1990-93 celicas may fit in the smaller spots that seem the same shape on the sides of the bumper cover (just lateral to the main center opening). I haven't measured this at all, but does anyone know if they fit? Or, does anyone have a good option other than paying $500 for Toyota fog lamps? Can any others just be plugged in to the existing plugs from the previous ones that were there?

RIalltrac

I've actually wondered that myself. They look like they would fit, hit up a junk yard, even if you cant find one thats in perfect condition, it would be good enough to do a test fit.

RIalltrac

I've actually wondered that myself. They look like they would fit, hit up a junk yard, even if you cant find one thats in perfect condition, it would be good enough to do a test fit.

CMS-GT4

I tested the ones from an STX and they were too small. I wonder if the ones from a gt would fit. I would check into the ones from the mr2 as well.

zblu81

The 90-91 gt/gt-s lights are too small and the lenses are too flat. I haven't been able to test fit(find locally) the 92-93 gt lights. I have seen pictures of the rc bumper with these lights installed so it is possible.

A

Anonymous

zblu81":1yiygjtr said:
The 90-91 gt/gt-s lights are too small and the lenses are too flat. I haven't been able to test fit(find locally) the 92-93 gt lights. I have seen pictures of the rc bumper with these lights installed so it is possible.
Yeah, 92/93 are bigger.