Fuel rail options?

alltrac4life

I have supra tt 540cc injectors and i got a good look at my stock fuel rail and decided that it is pretty crappy in the flow department. I am in the midst of a rebuild and would like to get a different fuel rail. I dont know who makes a better stock replacement fuel rail. What options are there for me?

pog0

Have you considered boring out your rail a bit and making it dual feed? Heard this and removing the banjo bolts and converting to AN fittings helps the flow.

Otherwise you could possibly try LB's top feed billet fuel rail, dont know how long it will take to get to you though.

alltrac4life

well i want to use the supra injectors i got, because i had them cleaned and flow tested by RC and now they are in tip top shape. So i need a side feed fuel rail.

billprice

Well now I am really confused. Do you think the stock fuel rail will restrict the Supra injectors? I am running 750 cc injectors with the stock rail and am thinking about going to 1,000 cc injectors.

billprice

If you get rid of the banjo fittings and go to AN fittings, you will have no problems there at all. In my present state of tune I am making 379 wheel horsepower with 750 injectors, and, as I said before, am thinking of going to 1,000 injectors because I have a bigger turbo now. Flow should not be an issue at all.

pog0

Bill,

I strongly suggest you run a bigger rail. The stock rail can only flow so much even if the banjo bolts are gone and it is dual feed. My honest opinion is to get a bigger rail, and stick with your 720s.

You are dynoing to 2 wheels right? I've seen MR2s push 400 rwhp with 550s and the stock rail bored out. I am pretty sure 720s will get you pretty far.

WolfKatz

To find out about the rails, go to

www.wolfkatz.com

I am in still looking for my first All-Trac sale, but I have inspected one of your rides and I am convinced it will work without any problems.

Cheers,
Garrett

gearhead313

I was on that 1000cc kick back in the day, and honestly the fastest you'll go on the street you wont need more fuel than a 750cc injector can fire.

Also, dont forget about pressure. Most cars i've had did not have enough pressure to push the fuel through the injector before there wasn't enough fuel volume.

Celi-GT4

Bill your rail is fine to 430whp. I have hit this with 850ccside feeds and a ATS bored rail and with stock fittings. Could go higher if ingnition allowed.
On another note I don' think you can push 550 beyond 340-350 whp. 400whp is crazy power and the supra inj cannot phiscally flow enough fuel (maybe for 1 dyno pull:)