Tranny Swap

BROKE

I am sort of new to the toyota thing and I picked up a ST165. The kid said he did a JDM swap into it (Sorry I dont know if it was a 185, 205, or 165 again) The tranny just took a shit on me and I need to know if I aquired a 205 tranny, will I need to do any modifications to make it fit a 165 or 185 motor?

jprine01

st165/185/205 trannys will all work

185/205 dont have the manual locking thing like the 165
185 has a front wheel drive mode selector on it for testing only(i dono if the 165 also has this)
Some have electronic speedos but you can swap your old one over to make it mechanical.

jprine01

mmm hahahaha, tons of us are looking for st205 trannys.. I thought you already had one and was wondering if it would work lol...

Good luck finding one fast (since your old tranny "took a shit on you").

5speedGT4

hey now, you were using it, it was the most bad ass garage decoration anyone could have... heh

jrod, the 205 tranny will bolt right up, tho if you're gonna put in the 205 motor well, have fun doin some more wiring. the 205 box is a pretty stout setup, that was my next plan for the car, as well as the 205 rear. you should easily be hittin low 13s with only the tranny and everything else in the car.

btw, its a 185 swap in a 165, with a 205 intercooler. hence why i say 165/185/205 (it at one time had a 205 turbo too, but it blew up)....

saved_1992

[quote="5speedGT4"]hey now, you were using it, it was the most bad ass garage decoration anyone could have... heh

SO TRUE :lol: :lol:

5speedGT4

o'well, you still got the 92 runnin high jackstands, so you will have a good garage decoration for a while :smokes: