How do you peform compression test with TMIC still on?

QIK_GT4

Would you only do the compression test on the spark plug closest to the timing belt? because that one seems to be the only one accessable when TMIC is still on?

I tried it today to run engine when TMIC was off, car starts and stalls lol how dumb of me....

Gary

You don't run the engine when you do the compression test.
You only crank it, and the TMIC must come off.

SuperWhite92

crank it until the pressure reading becomes stable, then stop cranking it, read the pressure, and write it down. Replace that spark plug and move to the next cylinder.

st185uk

The BGB states to remove all the spark plugs and then do the compression check, oh and to do it with engine at normal temp. so wear gloves.!!!!!
minimum is 128psi..

HTH

st185uk

Rick89GTS":nkd5dch5 said:
^And don't forget to pull the EFI relay or fuse. :)

i didnt do that and it doesnt say to do that although it does say remove cold start injector and disconnect solenoid resistor, but i guess removing the efi fuse stops it from squirting the fuel into the cylinders, which is a good idea as with no plugs in it it sprays.!!!!

Aracheon

Typically, the compression stabilizes after about 6 cranks or so. On my Integra, I disconnect the fuel fuse and the ignition coil before cranking it.

muneo

Make sure to do both dry and wet test. This way you can tell what kind of condition your piston rings are in.

ChrisD

Unplug the plug to the coil as well. No need to have those leeds live with 30,000 V trying to jump somewhere!

Stubble

Step on the accelerator as well while cranking. I read an extra couple of psi when I did this, and the BGB confirms this is the correct procedure. All spark plugs out.

QIK_GT4

Stubble":37sky7vc said:
Step on the accelerator as well while cranking. I read an extra couple of psi when I did this, and the BGB confirms this is the correct procedure. All spark plugs out.

this is an interesting one lol...

fsmtnbiker

And that is the correct way - The throttle body should be open. EFI fuse or Fuel pump relay should be disconnected. All 4 spark plugs should be out. Battery should have a full charge.

You aren't trying to start the car while you're doing this...

Rick89GTS

Stubble":sg20iun7 said:
Yep, good point, forgot about that