Bypass valve

A

Anonymous

I just installed a bypass valve (Bosch) into my 88' Alltrac (has a 93 Jap import). I am wondering if anyone has a decent photo of where to install the vacuum line from the bypass valve. Or can someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Gary

Here is the one alltracman78 is talking about.

3.JPG

A

Anonymous

These ports seem to be of larger diameter tubing than what my bypass valve uses, should I just use an adapter to couple them together?
Thanks

Gary

Killerguppy":xwe1c3nt said:
These ports seem to be of larger diameter tubing than what my bypass valve uses, should I just use an adapter to couple them together?
Thanks

Sure you can. :wink:

RIalltrac

I'm bout to install my new topmount/bov & a boost gauge, can I use that one port for both? or is that overkill for that particular port?

toayoztan

zblu81":1ph0digq said:
what makes the bosch valve easier to install? Doesn't the MR2 bpv require VTV as well?

I know the mr2 bpv HAS the VTV, b/c that's what i'm missing. However, i was told that it wasn't needed...I'm wondering if this is true? because otherwise, that part is 49.xx bucks from Toyota.

Thanks
Bryan

alltrac.net

Another engine that uses the same valve like MR2, does not have a VTV. Just T the line going to the top to the bottom. Should work fine.

The bosch valve is small, fits right into a SAMCO T hose, and points towards the intake.

The MR2 valve is a large beast and takes lots of work to install into a T hose. The pressure side of the MR2 valve is a FLANGE, which looks strange but still installs to the tube.