Ran my car at the drags tonight

I finally ran my car tonight at the drags. My best time was 14.1 at 94.7mph. My mods are:

jdm 185 motor W/ceramic ct26 on 165 ecu
straight intake
2.5" straight pipe w/gutted primary cat
greddy type rs bov
hks chromoly flywheel
act street disc and hd pp
billwot fcd
mbc set at 15psi
race gas premium mix (about a gallon and a half of 111 octane)

I was so stoked that I ran a 14.1 I couldn't leave the time slip in my pocket. Then me and my friends went out to eat afterwards and I left the time slip at the restaurant. :cry: Hopefully (if it doesn't rain) im going back next weekend. This time im going to put the time slip in my wallet. Do you guys think I could hit 13s if I get a downpipe?

db

eric thompson":21nrvz6t said:
BE CAREFULL AT 15PSI ON A STOCK MOTOR. MAYBE TRY THE EBAY SPECIAL MANIFOLD AND DOWNPIPE. KEEP US POSTED

I'd be more cautious using the "ebay special" downpipe and manifold if its the SSAutochrome or XS Power ones than running 15 PSI.

I really don't want to buy the "ebay special". I want something thats going to last and not crack. I think im going to get a ko downpipe. The quality is much better and there only like 2 miles away from me. I only run 15psi at the track and I was running race gas. On the street I run 12psi.

thanks?(klue).............. but the stock bottom end has alot of shortcomings. the rod bolts snap,rods snap or bend,piston rings lands take a shit if you detinate- and the stock intake manifold causes a lean condition at high boost levels. just some food for thought.

db

I am aware of all those things (though I think the bottom end is a bit tougher than you think). However, the manifolds on ebay are exhaust manifolds, not intake so I'm not quite sure about the intake manifold part.

RuiSousa

The intake manifold has nothing to do with running lean....maybe rich??? Injectors would be the cause of the lean mixture

SuperWhite92

RuiSousa":34brxlt6 said:
The intake manifold has nothing to do with running lean....maybe rich??? Injectors would be the cause of the lean mixture

The stock intake manifold flows more to the 2 and 3 cylinders due to its design than to 1 and 4. With ridiculous boost levels, it'll lean out 1 and 4 if your fuel system isn't supportive.

15psi is a cakewalk for the stock motor. I've been doing it for several years on two different 3SGTE's, the first of which just got taken apart because the crank and rods were going to a donor car, and the engine was PERFECT inside after 98,000 of its 140,000 miles at 15psi.
I have a dyno sheet a friend (milehighalltrac) who used to own a 1992 (before it was totalled by a DD), and he dynoed it with the boost set to 17psi, and only began to show up on the wideband AF graph at above 5500 rpm, and it never got close to what anyone could call risky by redline. He was running completely stock fuel system and ecu with 120,000 miles on the motor.
Another friend with a 91 MR2 made 310rwhp uncorrected at 5800 feet on a completely stock fuel system, an ATS ECU, CT27, and 22-24psi on a 140,000 mile motor that has never been removed from the car.
If everything is in good shape, 15psi won't blow your motor.

db

You got that backwards. It leans out 2 and 3. They get more air but equal fuel as the stock ecu can't compensate individual cylinders.

SuperWhite92

db":6wsw1tq3 said:
You got that backwards. It leans out 2 and 3. They get more air but equal fuel as the stock ecu can't compensate individual cylinders.
Yeah. What the hell was I thinking when I typed that, lol.... :lol: