Hub Project to make us wheel options (5/100 to 114.3)

CMS-GT4

I need someone to send me an alltrac wheel hub. I just need to barrow it. I am working on an idea for changin out bolt patterns and I need a wheel hub to take measurments from. I think I have a inexpensive simple solution for the brakes too since the bolt pattern will have to be different.

I am going with custom brakes anyway so I will just have to get another rotor hat.

RIalltrac

well I might be able to help you out with this. I will be replacing my drivers side front hub tomorrow. The one thats on the car isnt going to be in the best condition, but if you want it you can have it. If you want I'll snap pics of its condition once out of the hub carrier.

db

Great. I've been looking into wheels lately, and only the 114.3's have the offset's and width's that I'm looking for.

CMS-GT4

My goal is to make 114.3 hubs work on the celica. At worst, those who want to stay stock brake size can upgrade their front brakes to hat type and just have to change out part of the rotor, or just get them redrilled. The rears will need to be redrilled as well. I am trying to keep the hub distance the same and I don't wanto use spacers anymore. So I am looking at better wheel options. 17x9 30 et in the front and maybe 17x9 5 et in the rear. I could still use a spacer in the rear and keep the front and rear et the same so wheels could be rotated still.

Just trying to give us more options.

db

With Camry's, Supras, and MR2s running 114.3, I wouldn't be surprised if some brake rotor fit with minor modifications.

And I don't want to use spacers either. I was wondering if any of the previously mentioned cars have hubs that might transfer over?

CMS-GT4

I am going to be comparing hubs and taking measurements when my es300 hubs get here. I am waiting for them from ebay. So and if they are the same, I will also try and verufy fit.

On the notes of the rear. Since a majority still use a spacer, it may be more cost effective to by a wheel adapter for the rear. I found a company that will make a set of custom wheel adapters from aluminum to H&R specs for around 160.

So a simple solution would be to swap the front hubs and keep the offset the same. Then use ones choice of wide/deep wheels on the front and rear. The front brakes would be the only ones that would need being modified. And less $$ would be spent getting them fitted.

I am going to talk to John from rocketeer about another brake kit option for those who swap front hubs.

I'll keep you all posted.

CMS-GT4

SO I have been comparing part numbers on the BGB for camry and 185 bearing/ hub parts. I have also been reading on a camry forum about their 3s swaps trying to find axel info.

[rant]
Let me say this first. The bgb sucks. At least at distinuishing models. It tends, or at least I have not found a way, to show the model parts it choses. Such as only showing rc parts or gts parts when your looking for something 185 specific. [/rant]

The front hubs:
So anyway. I think the alltrac axels will fit the hubs. I will verify this once my hubs get here. My only concern is the hub fitting in the carrier. That is the measurments I have to take. If the camry hub is the same size, that should reduce any issues with fitment and back spacing for the brake rotor. If that is the case, I will either get a set of camry rotors, depending on dia., or get some alltrac rotors redrilled. That is unless I can get john from rocketeer to make new hubs for the alltrac brake kits.

The rear hubs:
These are little different. I do not think a rear hub from a fwd car can be used in the back of a rwd/awd car. There is a nub or half shaft type part to the hub that goes into the bearing. These are male parts and should not be able to accept the male axle from the alltrac. So that rules this out. So for the time being, that will hault my rear hub conversion.
I am talking to a company that will make a wheel adapter any width for out rear hubs for around 160usd. This method will keep us from having to find a new rear brake solution, and allow us to keep a same offset on the rear as front so we can rotate the wheels.
For those who want a slightly lower offset on the rear, can get a .75" wheel adapter and still make the rears a little more dipped in.
I will most likely stick with the 1" spacer.

CMS-GT4

I should have both sets of hubs by maybe the end of the week. Then I will take some measurments of the male hub dia. depth, and thickness of the stud mount. Should have a pretty good idea by next week.

If I install it, I can still use the wheels I have till I can afford a new set since they are dual drilled, but I will post a pic with some other wheels on the car just to verify it worked once installed. :evil:

CMS-GT4

I was looking in the BGB, and may have found something. It shows the front hubs for both the celica and the camry to be the same part number.

My question is, is the hub the same and they are just drilled to a different bolt pattern, or is the BGB mixed up.

Well, I expect all the hubs to be here maybe the end up the week. I will keep everyone posted.

db

The newer Camrys (and Avalons, Solaras, etc) have 114.3. I'm not sure about older ones like around our generation. I was using Tire Rack to find out lug nut spacing.

CMS-GT4

92-current camry and ES300 has this bolt pattern. The hub is the same from 92-96. May be the same for later models, but have not found reference.

CMS-GT4

The camry hubs came in.
2c_1_b.JPG

The center bore on this is larger on the outside ofthe hub. Option auto show it as being 60.1 and the celica being 54.1.
Camry shopws the dimensions for mr2 and such to be the same.
As long as the inside bore is the same we will be fine.

I went to toyota yesterday.

The said the camry hub and celica hub come up different part numbers so, something is off on my epc.

Anyone know where I can find longer studs for this hub? If it works out fine, then I am sure I will need longer hubs for some of the wheels. Might as well install them while the hub is out.

As soon as I get the alltrac hub, I will start measurments.

CMS-GT4

I will take measurments as soon as I can get an alltrac hub in my hands. :wink:

I have been looking at some wheel set, and even talked to one guy about building some custom wheels for the car.

I think down the road I will also convert the rear hubs so I can have some dished rear wheels for race and maybe even show.

gtfour77

Any news? Will the alltrac axles fit in the Camry hubs? How does it change the offset? This is a great thread by the way!!! Keep it up! :wink:

Kyoto

Great thread and initiative CMS, if this works out i will be wearing the Buddy Clubs sitting in my garage in no time! :D