ran my car for the first time

celicanut

finally got the time off work to go and run my car this past wednesday. i was decently happy with the results. my best run was 14.7 @96 mph. my motor is stock, just turned the boost up to 12 psi. i was happy i beat to 5.0 stangs and a 305 camaro. i'd post the slips i just dont have a scanner.

Felix

Nice, w/ it set at 12 psi, you should be hitting at least low 14's/high 13's.

IMO, It seems that you could use more grip (wider/stickier) tires, or you just gotta get your timing right to use the power and not spin the wheels.

Either way, good job :)

A

Anonymous

here is the info on my slip

R/T: 1.046
60' : 2.495
330: 6.472
1/8 : 9.690
mph: 77.97
1000:12.499
1/4 : 14.778
MPH: 95.59

Mods:
JDM 3sgte swap into 91 st
front mount
MBC set 12 PSI
magnacor plug wires

don't laugh at the r/t guys that was my first time at the track. i didnt spin a lot it bogged alot on my launches bec my fuel curve is so messed up from having a bad knock sensor wire, its dumping in the fuel. before boost was a slug but all my friends that were in the stands said when i hit boost i was gone. which was true everything had me off the line (especially with those r/t's) but still, i caught up quick. my tires were gripping good ive got falken ziex ze 512's. i had slicks but like a dumb ass i sold them. i was slipping the clutch a little but i didnt need to from the bogging. i was launching at 5-5,500 my last two runs so it didnt bog. 3rd run was the best which is what that info is, last i smoked the tires all the way through second. and ive got front mount not top mount.

SLC Punk

Looks like you have plenty of room for improvement. Especially with the reaction time. I usually dump the clutch when it is at the yellow light just before the green. I went to the track for the first time last year and got between a .6-.8 reaction time.

Nice numbers though! 8)

BoostJunkee

That 60' is hurting you.

2.4 is pretty high for AWD. Definitely work on those launches. I can hit a 2.2 on street tires in a FWD Civic, which is still shitty, but I would expect alot more out of yours. Its all in practice tho man, keep it up! 8)

BoostJunkee

Gary":3qm0vn3d said:
He got JDM swap in FWD celica, not alltrac.

oh, in that case, remember that part where I commented? Yeah forget that.

Anyways, get some slicks on the front and kill the launches still!

2of81

SLC Punk":m49j3bgw said:
Looks like you have plenty of room for improvement. Especially with the reaction time

What will the reaction time do as far as his run? The only time it matters is bracket racing. I can have a 10 second reaction time and a 7 second car and the slip still says 7's.

BoostJunkee

2of81":138mg52g said:
What will the reaction time do as far as his run? The only time it matters is bracket racing. I can have a 10 second reaction time and a 7 second car and the slip still says 7's.

Agreed. Unless he is racing brackets, screw reaction time. Big points to work on in head the head grudge style are the launch (60 foot time), and from there its just getting good quick shifts and maintaining traction.