New Pics from this weekend (56K warning)

Griffin

Some pics from today:

Griffin%20small%2012.JPG

Griffin%20small%206.JPG

Griffin%20small%2015.JPG

Griffin%20small%203.JPG

Griffin%20small%2014.JPG

Griffin%20small%205.JPG

Griffin%20small%209.JPG

Have these pictures and more available in 4megabixel version here:
ftp://alltrac:club@ftp.alltrac.net/uplo ... ar%20Pics/

Griffin

dlek00":2d2gcg55 said:
very nice and clean :)

btw how is your motor buildup going, etc.?

Going good on the engine front - all thats left to do is get the intercooler piping beaded and powdercoated, degree the cams and finish tuning.

Also have to put in my clutch and new P/S rack, pump, and tie rod ends.

In truth I should have spent the day working on my car - but it was too nice outside and I wanted to get some good pics of the car before I screw it up driving it and working on it.

A

Anonymous

Thumbs up for the conversion.
All you need now is a set of JDM corner lights and mirror :D

Griffin

alltracturbo":3v7weoh3 said:
Thumbs up for the conversion.
All you need now is a set of JDM corner lights and mirror :D

I kind of prefer the US ones - besides thats money better spent on a big brake it or racign seats and harness :)

Griffin

Gary":2nx30hc5 said:
Is the FMIC in there? :)

Yup painted it non-reflective black and angled it forward slightly so it wouldn't attact unwanted attention from the Po-Pos - seems to have worked too :) It basically dissapears unless you know to look for it.

DSCN0322.JPG

Griffin

tweekgt4":1fmpgygq said:
how much and where did you get your hood for?

Toyota dealer, and I forget - I think with all the trim peices except the ones for teh rear vent it was like $750 or so... hard to remember because I bought some other stuff at the same time.

RedCelicaTRD

At first I was worried that those wheels might look like crap, but now that I've seen them on the car I think they look great! Gunmetal with a polished lip is so sexy!!!

Griffin

RedCelicaTRD":wqjvyfob said:
At first I was worried that those wheels might look like crap, but now that I've seen them on the car I think they look great! Gunmetal with a polished lip is so sexy!!!

Yeah - I had the same doubts originally - I actually wanted the SSR GT2 wheels, but they cost a lot more and took too long to get to the states so I went with the comps instead. So far I have been really happy with the choice, they seem to be great wheels - I have no complaints at all.

the911s

Doesn't painting the intercooler hurt its ability to transfer heat? Seems like you would not want to coat it with anything that could be an insulator.

Griffin

Not really - the core is 3" deep - the paint is really just on the leafing edge of the fins - they are still probably 98% effective.

RedCelicaTRD

Someone did a test on a painted I/C compaired to a non painted and the temps didnt change at all. Who did it I can't remember but it was someone big....

AWDios

Yeah I can't decide if I like it painted or not.

But as far as everything else goes, your car is kind of my role model right now. Hope you don't mind me biting your style too much.