The 205's First Drag Session

emicen

I'm a bit slow with things but finally got round to posting the 205's first drag results.

Was an ok attempt. My launches were truely appauling and I lost a lot of time there. Also fried my clutch in the process :doh:

emicen-dragslip1.jpg

db

Good ETs, but like you said your launches were horrible. I've seen FWD cars with skinny tires get better 60 footers.

But having fun is the most important thing!

toayoztan

Some turbo cars bounce on the throttle at high rpms (it actually builds up boost a bit). That can help your launch a bit.

Bryan

emicen

Possibly should have mentioned, I like my car and cant afford a clutch change at the moment, hence wasnt using the 5500rpm and sidestep launch technique various people had recommended!

By the start of next season funds should be in place for a launchable clutch. I'm not that hell bent on dragging tbh.

EVcelica

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't slipping the clutch harder on it than dropping it?
Maybe thats why you fried your clutch, if you sidestep it or drop it its harder on your transmission but easier on your clutch. But our transmissions can handle it. Bet you wish you knew that before you went. Good ETs though, you could really get a good one with a sub 2 launch.

emicen

EVcelica":1uuec750 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't slipping the clutch harder on it than dropping it?
Maybe thats why you fried your clutch, if you sidestep it or drop it its harder on your transmission but easier on your clutch. But our transmissions can handle it. Bet you wish you knew that before you went. Good ETs though, you could really get a good one with a sub 2 launch.

Thats rather patronising. Are you familiar with the expression "trying to teach your grandmother how to suck eggs"?

Yes I know side stepping is less harsh on the clutch at the sake of hammering the transmission. The above times were done using the same take off as I'd use every day commuting to work taking off from a stop light, maybe a tad harder.

Granted, I dont usually take the car to the red line through 1st, 2nd and 3rd.....unless a fuckin Impreza tries it on :x