Raced my buddies cobra last night

big_c_tothe_z

Me and my friend have been talking about racing up at the track for a while now but since it was closed and last night we got off work at the same time, 3am, we decided to race in the parking lot. He has a 99 mustang cobra and I was in my st165. Anyway when we raced from a stop I had him by about a car length by 70mph which I was pretty happy with considering that was the first time I ever tried to launch the car. Then we raced again from about a 15 mph roll and he pulled half a car on me instantly then we stayed pretty much even up to 75mph. Im pretty happy with the car, its a lot quicker then I thought it would be.

saved_1992

:D

have you had a chance to install the gforce or the fuel controller? still running stock boost ?

that 165 has alot of potential, just make sure to keep the boost down and the tune good. it will run along time.

how is the handling?

big_c_tothe_z

I love the way this car handles, im getting excited for winter so I can take her out and play in the snow. I havnt touched anything yet and have been trying to take it pretty easy as its my dd for a while.

saved_1992

oh and just to let people know this is not a stock 165 :wink:

put a good tune (more fuel/boost) and the g force ecu and you will walk away from that cobra :smokes:

saved_1992

i hope he does not mind here is a list

engine overhaul all stock (seals,gaskets,t belt,rings,bearings, oil pump (new),cap,rotor,wires,plugs,valve job, trd mhg and arp studs (new)oil pan (new)
ats cam gears (new)
oil catch can (bayAreaAt)
tvis butterflies removed
resealed power steering pump(new)
reman rack and pinion (toyota new)
high pressure power steering hose
poly frt and rear motor mounts
poly rear diff mount
tranny axel and out put seals (new)
rear diff seals (new)
xtd 6 puck clutch/flywheel kit (new)
ground control coilovers/kyb adjustable inserts (bought used approx 10k on them)
frt and rear strut tops (new)
extra stock struts and extra set of kyb adjustables (used approx 2k on them) both loose and not on car
ct20b/2gen exhaust manifold
205 ic and a bigger ic radiator (12x27x1) with fan
205 rear torsen diff
turbo xs bov (recirculated)
mbc (2rus)
top end performance down pipe
aussie midpipe (mild steel/coated) 3" rest no muffler/cat (new)
twm short shifter (new)
brass shifter cable bushings (new)
gforce ecu and apexi fuel controller (not installed)(bought used from ed vtec)
e brake cables
both rear abs sensors
frt and rear sway bar bushings
frt sway bar links
trd air filter
antena assem (used bought from ed also) not installed
frt whitline strut bar (used)
rear whiteline strut strut bar (not installed,used)
stock wheels/ok tires will be on the car
ac converted to 134a and hose seals replaced (new)
starter contacts (new)

big_c_tothe_z

Thanks that saves me the trouble from digging it up :p . Im actually not in a hurry to get any more power out of it yet, Im really happy where the car is right now. However Im sure when winters over my feelings will have changed :evil: . I really wish my friend with his 90 h22 swapped accord didn't blow his motor, hes absolutely convinced his car would have killed mine.

saved_1992

SeanGTS":t48a15tp said:
I think the e-brake cables is what screwed the cobra over :shock:

Nice job though :)

forgot those are NEW cables

living through his posts never had a chance to run the 165 against anything

5speedGT4

man that car will be a beast with some more fuel and more boost.... thats ALL it needs. You got one hell of a car, when i drove it i was 100% impressed with everything!

gah, i wish i coulda bought it....lol

toayoztan

big_c_tothe_z":2use34kx said:
I really wish my friend with his 90 h22 swapped accord didn't blow his motor, hes absolutely convinced his car would have killed mine.

Looks like he killed his own car :D

Nice car though, i like it. Good to see it has a good owner!

Bryan

SuperWhite92

big_c_tothe_z":epy14joh said:
. I really wish my friend with his 90 h22 swapped accord didn't blow his motor, hes absolutely convinced his car would have killed mine.

My friend has a swapped '95 Accord, and It was just as fast as my stock ST185 at the time. Both at the track and on the street.