Just got a T3/T04B turbo, what do I need for Fuel?

GT4TOY

Hi,
I just purchased a T3/T04B turbo (.96 A/R hotside, A/R .60 cold side) and I'm currently sourcing a 42mm external wastegate and custom headers for the car. Currently the only thing done to the fuel is adjustable fuel pressure regulator and HKS fuel computer..
I know I'm going to need new injectors, but what size would you recommend? I want to buy for the future so to speak, with something capable of 600hp (even tho the turbo wont require it).
Also what are the specs for the injectors? what do I need to know for purchasing some? high/low impedence, top/side feed etc...

I can't wait to get this thing running!!!

Thanks,
Gus.

Griffin

Get some 720cc injectors and a pump capable of moving the volume you want. You may want to also consider an Engine Management System

RedCelicaTRD

Just use a supra tt pump and get some 720s like Dave said. Or you could get some 800cc injectors off a stock rx7 tt. Someone on the board had some of those and was running 400+ whp. Also do the dual feed fuel rail mod (you dont need to bore it, just change the feed).

GT4TOY

are the RX7 TT (I presume thats the '93+ model?) a direct plug in?
Also for the fuel rail do you just run two lines from the pump? Could I just use 1 large braided line from the pump to the fuel rail?

GT4TOY

the second gen has 550cc injectors. Just unsure what the others have.
I think the 12a has 700cc ones (and thats for a non turbo!!!)

damselracer

gt4toy":2198aryy said:
the second gen has 550cc injectors. Just unsure what the others have.
I think the 12a has 700cc ones (and thats for a non turbo!!!)

*offtopic* gee, and you wonder why they run so rich.. :shock:

im also curious about this topic... i wont be running that much horsepower (probably more like 400) but im rethinking my original plan of getting the 550cc injectors from the supra... im starting to wonder if they will be big enough, coupled with a larger fuel pump.

RedCelicaTRD

They run rich so they dont detonate and kill themselves. The second gen turbo two models have 550cc top fed while the third gen have 550 primarys and 850 secondarys and both are sidefed. They all are high resistence saturated injectors thich means you could ditch the resistor pack if you where really bored and wanted to redo your wiring harness. The 550cc second gens look like a good upgrade for st165s.....

And one more thing, the supra pump can handle 400 awhp and you would probably want around 700cc injectors.

furpo

i see you are from new zealand so i recomend you go see andre at www.speedtechnz.com he is the import turbo guru. if you have not seen his evo yet i recommend you cheak it out this labour weekend at meremere.

i have some info for a dual feed fuel rail if you want me to email it to you.

roger

gearhead313

What are your plans with the car? you just want something fast on the street or do u plan on going high boost and some drag/autox?

First...u need to purchase a new exhaust housing. That housing (which i've never heard of in the T3 family) with a .96a/r will spool really slow. I run a T3/TO4b with the stock .48 a/r turbine housing and it spooled very nice on the street and didn't choke at the top end. Thats what i'd do first.

I'd say go 720cc's and a supra pump also if you want to still have fuel at 30psi on that turbo. Just make sure you have some good gauges and spend the money on a wideband. Good luck with the build, let us know how things go!

GT4TOY

Main plans for the car is to kick some a$$ on the drag strip :D
at some point in the future I want (within a year) 10s time slips (I know this turbo prob wont get me there, but it was cheap, and a good start)

furpo: Yeah, if you could email me the details on the dual feed that would be great. gusmatheson@hotmail.com
Were abouts in NZ are you?
Yeah, DOCILE is one hell of an Evo III (I presume thats the one you are talking about, can't wait for it to run with its new setup)

furpo

ill get onto that soon for you.

im in wellington, hence how i know andre. i do get up to auckland for work and the olds live in the mount so i get up there often. the mount is where my mini is aswell.

roger

Zeus

you wont hit 600 hp on 720's

youll need 850's or even larger to even come close...

also i wouldnt use the stock rail... some are saying that even 550's are too much for the stock rail as it doesnt deliver the same pressure to all the cylenders... some guy on mr2oc.com did a flow test.. (he makes rails)

there are numerous options out there for a fuel rail... for the average joe looking for minor upgrades in the 550cc injector range you could have your rail bored out...but if your truely looking for big hp dont cheap out

there are many places that sell top feed rails