Where is dome light wire?

Ignis

I need to find a wire that controls the dome light. Does anyone know if there is one conveniently located in the driver's side kick panel?

Thanks,

alltracman78

Yes, light blue/yellow.

*Keep in mind that's the power source. It always has power. There isn't one there that only comes on when the dome light is on.*

alltracman78

Here's a pic of where it is. Sorry it's blurry. Pin(wire) is bottom, 2nd one in from the door.

wiring1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, but I should have been more clear. I'm needing a line that I can used to trigger the dome light. So, if it's a constant power source, then that's not going to work. Thanks anyways for the attempt.
I may just have to run a wire coming directly from the dome light?

A

Anonymous

Sorry about the lateness of my reply, I used to get email messages whenever someone replied to one of my messages, but I guess that is not the case anymore...

Anyways, I've installed a keyless entry and I wanted to trigger the dome light to turn on whenever I unlock the doors. The unit I installed has an output that does this, and then turns the light off after 60 seconds.

Ignis

Okay... I guess I wasn't logged in the last couple posts as I see it said I was a 'guest'. I've been a member of this board for quite some time now. Unfortunatly when the admistrator changed to this forumn he must have felt that I wasn't 'active' enough and removed my account. So, I'm starting over...

pepper

Anonymous":1ojri2lu said:
Anyways, I've installed a keyless entry and I wanted to trigger the dome light to turn on whenever I unlock the doors. The unit I installed has an output that does this, and then turns the light off after 60 seconds.
Hmmm, the stock switching on the dome light connects the ground to turn the light on. Does your keyless entry system allow you to change the settings on that option to switch it to ground, rather than power? I know that many alarm systems have this option. If so, you'd just need to tap into the ground wire from the dome light and run that to your keyless entry wiring.

-Mike

pepper

Ignis":31mahhdp said:
Okay... I guess I wasn't logged in the last couple posts as I see it said I was a 'guest'. I've been a member of this board for quite some time now. Unfortunatly when the admistrator changed to this forumn he must have felt that I wasn't 'active' enough and removed my account. So, I'm starting over...
Had nothing to do with how active you were, everyone needed to create new accounts with the change in software for the forums.

-Mike

A

Anonymous

pepper":29t24ezr said:
Hmmm, the stock switching on the dome light connects the ground to turn the light on. Does your keyless entry system allow you to change the settings on that option to switch it to ground, rather than power? I know that many alarm systems have this option. If so, you'd just need to tap into the ground wire from the dome light and run that to your keyless entry wiring.
-Mike

That's fine with me. But, is there a wire in the driver's side kick panel that is connected to the dome light that will work for this?

pepper

Anonymous":2d0r0ic3 said:
That's fine with me. But, is there a wire in the driver's side kick panel that is connected to the dome light that will work for this?
Can't say for sure on the 185, but the 165 dome light grounds through integration relay #1 so the ground wire does go to the driver's side kick panel. Need someone with a 185 wiring diagram or, ideally, the EWD.

-Mike