How's Houston?

Refyused

Hey guys, just wondering if Houston's a decent place to live. I'm considering a move down there for school at UTI. It's a toss up between Houston a& Sacramento (Cali).. Want the place with the best weather or cheapest living expenses :)

So what I was wondering, is if Houston's a better area than Sacramento in terms of weather, housing/apartment costs, just the general area (is it a giant ghetto like some cities?) etc..

Griffin

Houston costs 1/2 as much to live as Cally does (pretty much literally) - the weather is not quite as nice though, but its not bad either.

I love it - I lived here 8 years ago then moved to FL for 4 years, cally for 4 years and then back to Houston (hopefully for good)

Refyused

How about jobs? I'd be there for a year or more, so I'd need a job.. With all the people from New Orleans moving there I kinda get the feeling it'd be difficult to find a job that isn't completely bitch work.. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I know Cali is expensive, that's my biggest issue for not wanting to go to Sacramento. Whatever money I save now will go a LOt farther in Houston than it will in any city in Cali.

Griffin

Refyused":37091obd said:
How about jobs? I'd be there for a year or more, so I'd need a job.. With all the people from New Orleans moving there I kinda get the feeling it'd be difficult to find a job that isn't completely bitch work.. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I know Cali is expensive, that's my biggest issue for not wanting to go to Sacramento. Whatever money I save now will go a LOt farther in Houston than it will in any city in Cali.

Couldn't tell you - I work in apretty specialized field and I already had a job before I came here. I've no idea of the employment situation as a whole, but the economy seems pretty healthy generally speaking.