Limitations of CT26 power outputs

gearhead313

alltracman78A said:
If you got the turbine clipped, it would allow more flow around it however.

clipping a wheel is only if you want to fine tune the setup, otherwise, it won't yeild you any type of major change in performance.

Trance4c

Holly crap.. let me know how long those CT's hold up at those boost levels before the seals go! juez... poor turbo seals!! :cry:

alltracman78

gearhead313":unvbinzl said:
alltracman78A said:
If you got the turbine clipped, it would allow more flow around it however.

clipping a wheel is only if you want to fine tune the setup, otherwise, it won't yeild you any type of major change in performance.

Understood, I was just making the point that it would increase flow.

illGT4

clipping also moves everything to the right (dyno chart). (spool, power, etc..)

IMHO, clipping the CT26 is a bad idea. Modifing the exhaust housing is an excellent idea on the other hand.

ATS is doing 20psi on their upgraded "CT27". Turbo seals are happy as long as it's taken care of proper-like.

Peace!

illGT4

on a st165, yeah Dave Hall and others have. It's a great turbo for a 46 or 50 trim upgrade for the ST165. BUT, it's single entry. Not twin entry like the ST185/205 and MR2 CT26. So the exhaust manifold design is also different.

The only worthy CT26 upgrade(IMHO) is one that does something with the exhaust housing.. Either replaces it or modifies it like ATS. I'm not talking about the turbine wheel, but the entire housing.

furpo

i am of the same opinion about the ct26. the reason i ask about the supra ct26 is because i am in two minds at the moment. go for the supra ct26 or go for the mitsi tdo 5 big 16g off the evo 3.

the mitsi guys are making 235kws at the wheels down here on the mitsi turbo so will the supra turbo do this? also there is a guy down here coming up with a ball bearing conversion for the mitsi.

roger

illGT4

if for ST165:

1. (big upgrade) 935 motorsports offers a complete turbo upgrade.
2. (medium upgrade) The MKIII Supra CT26 is a good match with upgraded comp. to 46 or 50 trim (T04E family)

if for ST185:

1. (big upgrade) ATS Racing offers and modifies the Greddy TD-06 , it's water and oil cooled, with external w/g (http://www.atsracing.net)
2. (medium upgrade) ATS Racing offers an upgraded CT26, dubbed the "CT27" for now.
3. Custom t3/t4
4. Go with that TD05 you are talking about.. That's an awesome turbo that people in the US, usually don't go for on the 3S-GTE

Hope this helps.. (there are more options.. these are just my recommendations)

Best Regards,

furpo

yep it's for a st185.

i don't have the $ to go the garrett, greddy or ats way and when i can pick up a evo 3 tdo5 for $600 ish new zealand (about $400 us) the value for money of this turbo is unbeatable. plus also steve murch (the new zealand turbo guru) is in love with the mitsi turbos so an upgrade to a tdo 5 tdo 6 ball bearing turbo is easy and cheap to come across.

i was just woundering about the supra turbo as another option.

thanks guys
roger

gearhead313

furpo":2ks6hkx2 said:
yep it's for a st185.

i don't have the $ to go the garrett, greddy or ats way and when i can pick up a evo 3 tdo5 for $600 ish new zealand (about $400 us) the value for money of this turbo is unbeatable. plus also steve murch (the new zealand turbo guru) is in love with the mitsi turbos so an upgrade to a tdo 5 tdo 6 ball bearing turbo is easy and cheap to come across.

i was just woundering about the supra turbo as another option.

thanks guys
roger

I was never a fan of mitsu turbo's, but i have to say they do make power.