17x9" Sportmax 050 wheels ....

gtfour77

From my calculations, 30 offset up front and about 10 to 15 in the rear. This is for 17x9.
Although I am looking ionto some 17x10's for next year.... :D They have three different offsets... Check out this page...
http://www.edgeracing.com/wheels/5zigen/
That would be only for the 5x114.3 conversion celicas.... which I am working on right now. Brought home a complete hub assembly with the axle still attached....from a 1995(?) Camry V6. Can't wait to see if and how it'll fit. (Axle seems to be the same as Alltrac. Trying to use the whole hub carrier with the 114.3 hub....I'll know this weekend since my garage heater is coming tomorrow... :D I'll let you all know...

CMS-GT4

Unless yours is very different, I don't think you can use the carrier.

My mounting points seem vey different. Its going to after the holidays before I try and do this project again. After I get back from NO I am going to get the car running. All else comes after I finish that goal.

BTW: You ever fit those wheels. :D

You need to come down for this event.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/show ... hp?t=10923

gtfour77

Wheels? Not yet, still trying to find spacers and still waiting for the heater which will be here tomorrow so I can get a few things done over the weekend. The wheels pretty much fit.....just trying to see if and where they will rub...
I will definitelly test fit the carrier this weekend....(I know it's Christmas, but this is Alltrac.... :D )...I'll have some pictures also....

Toxygene

Hey gtfour77 if you go with 17x10s are you going to just go with those in the rear or all the way around? oh and thanks for the advice on the offset.

Good luck with the conversions guys. Hey can you post pictures of that Camry Axle Assembly and the AllTrac for comparison?

gtfour77

I will be taking a few pictures in the process....I'll post them here :wink:

And yeah, if I do anything, it'll be all the same diameter and width wheels....so 17x10 all the way around. Just don't want to jump ahead too far for now, still not even sure if my 17x9's will fit
I should be posting a lot of things after this weekend...

CMS-GT4

If I came up with a decent set of fender flares would you be interested? I thought about something that blended with the body work and were small enough to not add much weight, to cover the wheels that stuck out. That way we can run big wheels and clear the struts too.

gtfour77

Of course I would....I am already in the process of designing something.....just planning phase right now... Let me know if you have any ideas. I think if we could extend the body about 2 inches that would be more than enough. The only bad part is we have to cut some of the original rear quarter panel to ad the flares on... This would also allow us to lower the car more with wide wheels without the tire hitting the arch...
On the front, the wheel sticks out less than an inch (17x9 with 275-40-17 hoosiers) so with 17x10's the 2 inch flare would be more than enough to house the tires safely. Maybe even 1.5"...(once I put the tires on and measure it all I'll be able to tell exactly what we need.

I am definitelly ready for some ideas!

CMS-GT4

Why don't you take your rear spacer, install it on the front and measure to the outside of the tire. I think this distance would give us good clearance for a 17x10" wheel.

My first plan was to model a celica's body in my 3d program and figure out a good looking solution, but I doubt I will ever have time for that anymore. Plus I have to relearn the software.

Take some pics for me when you take the measurements. Strait on, then from a few different angles on the front and rear of the whole car. If you can get me the high res photos I may bbe able to photoshop something decent to come up with some ideas.

I think for myself a 25mm flare is all I will do, cause I will most likely run 275s. But I can help you come up with something too.

Indy3sgte

Hey guys...

I have enjoyed following along with this convo. I am too interested in getting the sportmax wheels...my question is, I have white line suspension upgrad (koni shoks) and i will have my rocketeer brake kit soon also, but my car is for fun/daily driving/track every now and then. Would the right tire be 245/40/17 for me?

Thanks

CMS-GT4

Thats the tire I planned for the street. I even concidered a 255/40/17.

We know 245/40 doesn't really rub or anything. The response should be good, and that should be the minimum I would concider for that wheel.

gtfour77

245 tire would fit beautifully! The 275 goes beyond the wheel by almost 1/2 inch... So for the 245 tire you could go 5mm spacer up front and 25mm spacer back and you have a great combination... Good luck and make sure you post some pictures when you get them!

Toxygene

AWdios Can you post some pics please? :D I wanna see that setup! Also what are the specs of your rims that you have those tires on?

gtfour77

I figured...lol
If I do anything, it'll be very smooth look like the wide body kit offered for our cars...(forgot the name of it...german kit?) That's the only one that makes sense since our cars require smooth lines to make it fit...

Toxygene

I wouldn't mind seeing something like the IMSA 300zx wide body.

IMSA%20300ZX%20front%20left2%20800.jpg