Aftermarket Intake Manifold? . . .

billprice

Well, I'm done with it, and I'm pretty sure Tom is too. There is enough information here for anyone who can read to make up their mind what is right and what is wrong. Again, not saying who is right and who is wrong. I just know what the manifold did for my engine. The proof is in the graph. Make your own conclusions. FWIW, most people that know me know that I bought what was billed as "the wordl's largest FMIC" from Paul Rennison. He also had an intake manifold for sale that had a round plenum instead of square that he touted flowed WAY more than the stock manifold (he had a percentage figure, but I can't remember what it was). I almost bought it, but it was $900. It was pretty much a no brainer when I found RMR's manifold. Just my thoughts on it all. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the RMR again if I needed it. There are a lot of people out there that wouldn't hesitate to buy a Toyota again. And there are a lot of people out there that wouldn't hesitate to buy a Honda again. In the end, it is your money and your choice. Choose wisely and choose what you can afford.

Kyoto

I dont really have anything to add, other than that first plenum (Ross Racing) should be the goods. The guy who runs that company, Tom Ross, built a 400hp SW20 with strictly bolt on mods.

Edit: Whoops. Already been said. My bad! :doh:

turbo4wd

just a side note.. the extrude hone process on an intake manifold will cost about $450.. on top of the cost for the manifold itself.. so gotta figure that into the cost compared to the ross unit..

but yeah.. good info.. and seee.. we kept it civil even.. :lol:

mtbgael

haha thanks...I was pretty downed about that. I actually found that mani over a year ago when I began my search for a GTE powered vechile. It's been on "the list" of modifications since then! I'm glad I don't have to take it off :wink:

Puffy

Phoenix Power made one of the best intake manifolds around. Only made 20 and dont know if they still make them. They were made for the GEN III motor and cost just under 2 grand AUS.

Now that I have crushed most peoples hopes including mine of getting one please dont hesitaite to ask me for any more useless information. :twisted:

p.jpeg

Now that you seen it you want one dont you? :doh:

AwdGte

For anyone questioning Bills very fairly priced manifold hasn't seen the price of other manifolds.

I can't see what it looks like, since this link is not working
http://www.rossmachineracing.com/mr2intake.html
but if it adds 40whp, it's a great deal at $700 bucks.

I paid $2200 for my virtual works intake manifold for my 2jzgte, $700 is a great deal

Bill, since I can't see the link, or it is broken, does the manifold retain everything else as stock, and just bolts on. On this car, I am looking for everything to be factory fit ... thanks!

billprice

The manifold bolts on and has several vacuum fittings for everything you will need to run. It does not have places for you to bolt on all of the smog crap that the original manifold does though. Check for PM.

Puffy

billprice":1lh1h46s said:
And, more importantly, I don't see how that would clear the firewall on an All-Trac anyway.

It does clear the firewall in a GT4. Its definitly for the high HP market and those runners would see loss of bottem end.

Personally I think it looks way better then Ross's intake but at more then double the price so it bloody should.

AwdGte

I thought Ross Machine looked familiar, they do work for Extreme I think.

I'll be on the look out for that PM

Can they make a center mount manifold, so that I can keep all of the stock electronics and stock location? This is for a somewhat fast daily driver, to replace my fast first gen all wheel, it will never see stand alone, and may not even see larger injectors, I am undecided on that as of yet.

billprice":24oip4mh said:
The manifold bolts on and has several vacuum fittings for everything you will need to run. It does not have places for you to bolt on all of the smog crap that the original manifold does though. Check for PM.

Gary

AwdGte":21f8951j said:
This is for a somewhat fast daily driver, to replace my fast first gen all wheel, it will never see stand alone, and may not even see larger injectors, I am undecided on that as of yet.

Stock manifold should work fine in that case

AwdGte

300whp?

I may use extra injectors if I need more fuel and want to exceed 300whp, and 40 additional whp for $700 is very attractive

Gary":xxw4sqkr said:
AwdGte":xxw4sqkr said:
This is for a somewhat fast daily driver, to replace my fast first gen all wheel, it will never see stand alone, and may not even see larger injectors, I am undecided on that as of yet.

Stock manifold should work fine in that case

billprice

AwdGte":1zhndahc said:

Hmmmmm....don't know what happened there, but you should have gotten my PM before now. I sent it to you yesterday. Anyway, yes, they can make it in a center intake, and that is what I have used. You can see that in the three pics I took on my website which is here. I just don't have the really nice pic of the inside of the manifold like they do on their website to show how nicely done the runners are from the inside. It is a great pic. Perhaps you can find it with the link I provide on my website since yours isn't working? Just figured out what happened. The PM thing on this site is not working. I clicked submit several times and it just took me back to the original PM without posting. LOL

AwdGte

Thanks Bill!

The site is working now for me (theirs and yours) so I was able to see that inside pic that you are describing

I plan to keep a top mount style intercooler, as I absolutely love the response I get with the lack of intercooler piping, and would like to keep everything simplified and bolt on, it looks as if your rendition of that manifold is that way! I don't need the egr crap :)

Thanks!

billprice":3otcp441 said:
AwdGte":3otcp441 said:

Hmmmmm....don't know what happened there, but you should have gotten my PM before now. I sent it to you yesterday. Anyway, yes, they can make it in a center intake, and that is what I have used. You can see that in the three pics I took on my website which is here. I just don't have the really nice pic of the inside of the manifold like they do on their website to show how nicely done the runners are from the inside. It is a great pic. Perhaps you can find it with the link I provide on my website since yours isn't working? Just figured out what happened. The PM thing on this site is not working. I clicked submit several times and it just took me back to the original PM without posting. LOL