Painted rims white.

3s_woob

well i just loved the look of the factory jdm rims from 97-98 mr2. they're five spoke just like these gts rims but are white from factory and they're super rare... i believe that the celica ss-II had some too but i've only seen it in the hyper rev mag.

but here's the before pic...

fogs9.txt

and here's the after pics...

35th1.txt

35th2.txt

35th3.txt

35th4.txt

35th5.txt

35th6.txt

35th7.txt

35th8.txt

what do you guys think... it's kind of a hit and miss. some people like it the gunmetal and some people like the white. oh well just trying something different.

AWDios

Yeah I'm going to go for the white being better.

OT: did you read Griffin's posts about his intake temps with the RC hood? You should really get the FMIC on there.

CMS-GT4

Looks good, but....

Rear--
SPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACER!!! Will make the car look teh sexy

ferris

yea, i definitly like the white better, and have always been partial to white, but they are that much harder to keep clean and nice lookin.

Griffin

WOW! That looks incredible with the red body! That was an awsome choice!

And yeah - you really need to get that FMIC in there asap

XoDuzZ

I have NEVER liked the white rim look - and your car, my friend, (along w/ an alltrac for sale that had white rims on it) have nice looking rims on that car!

3s_woob

thanks guys for all the good comments. I was thinking more half and half. personally i think they look nice i kind of like it more than the gunmetal. but i'm still going to experiment! :wink:

turbo4wd":3r9560l7 said:
i like it.. in fact i think it looks better. 8)

Thanks, I concur!

AWDios":3r9560l7 said:
OT: did you read Griffin's posts about his intake temps with the RC hood? You should really get the FMIC on there.

Yeah that's top on my to do list.

BraveUlysses":3r9560l7 said:
Looks good, but I'm still a bit partial to gunmetal.

Enjoy the war against brake dust! 8)

hehe Kris, yeah it's difficult to see them dirty but it's fun cleaning them... because you can see that you're doing a good job! :p

CMS-GT4":3r9560l7 said:
Looks good, but....

Rear--
SPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACERSPACER!!! Will make the car look teh sexy

yet another on my to do list. seems like the list is never going to end.

ferris":3r9560l7 said:
yea, i definitly like the white better, and have always been partial to white, but they are that much harder to keep clean and nice lookin.

Thanks... but white isn't necessarily harder to clean i went throught the first cleaning the day i took these pics which was on monday and wipped off easy... but you just and to make sure you clean the whole rim! which makes it harder because you have to inspect the rims thoroughly.

Griffin":3r9560l7 said:
WOW! That looks incredible with the red body! That was an awsome choice!

And yeah - you really need to get that FMIC in there asap

Thanks... it's funny my friend is said that white doesn't look good in with red... but i think it does... but hey that's what his opinion is.

and indeed will get the FMIC on soon.... though i've been saying that for oh about 2 years now. :shrug:

Gary":3r9560l7 said:
Ryan, pictures are dead. :shoots: geocities
Try imageshack.us It's free.

sorry yeah you know geocities... will i'll check out imageshack... i would just upload them in the gallary but it doesn't seem to work for me. :doh:

Maloy":3r9560l7 said:
I like the white rims a lot, just be sure to keep them clean and get some wheel spacers!

yeah will do... you can help me clean them on our meet next week! :lol: j/k

Gary":3r9560l7 said:
Woo hoo I can see them now. That looks superb!!
5 spokes and white, that's my favorite. :)

hmmmm... i wonder why! :shrug: :wink:

Austen_gt4":3r9560l7 said:
nice. what did they run u to get them painted?

it ran me $7 for Dupli-color wheel paint. and 4-5hrs of labor from start to finish. maybe when i paint them again i'll do a write up.

RedCelicaTRD":3r9560l7 said:
Those look sweet! I like the white and now I might have to copy you....

hehe i like the white too... but you know i'm sure not the first to have white GTS rims... or am i :D if you need help on how to do it... then let me know.

XoDuzZ":3r9560l7 said:
I have NEVER liked the white rim look - and your car, my friend, (along w/ an alltrac for sale that had white rims on it) have nice looking rims on that car!

Thanks, will you be at the meet next week?

Zeus":3r9560l7 said:
I cringed at the thought... but those look pretty sweet man!

Thanks Blake haven't hear from you in a while what have you been up to?

RIalltrac":3r9560l7 said:
other than the fact that brake dust is going to suck, they actually look pretty sweet.

Yeah i though so too, but it wasn't too bad.

RedCelicaTRD

Painting wheels is way easy. I dont understand why more all-trac people arnt doing it. Maybe its because our stock wheels are butt ass ugly and not even paint can save them.

3s_woob

well the stock flowers aren't that bad... i think if you gunmetal them i think i'll look much better than how they are stock.