g-force?

does anyone know what happened to g-force? it seems that they made a great ecu upgrade. if they went belly up, where can i source a used one for an 88 165?

also has anyone seen the old turbonetics catalogs(99,00,01)
they had a bolt on upgrade kits - st165- 375 hp-- st185- 400 hp
do they still offer these kits?

Griffin

The turbonetics thing is a bolt on turbo theoretically capable of 400hp, not an entire kit. And yeah - its whats on my car - its a modification for the CT26. They bore it out, put in a 58 trim T04 compressor and mildly clip the turbine.

as for Gforce, they are still out there I think, but the standalones are probably going to put them out of business due to the awsome flexibility and gains they offer.

illGT4

standalones def. offer more flexibility.

g-force was just a name for rom tuning called Techtom Tuning.

ATS Racing has acquired Techtom tuning equipment and is now able to modify the maps from a stock ecu or otherwise aftermarket "tuned ecu" the likes of Blitz, Sard, G-Force, etc...

If you are interested in a one time tune, Techtom tuning maybe the best option.

THen again, nothing beats the ability to tune it yourself...

edv-tek

For someone who dosen't tune with a dyno and cars that don't have alot of mods the G-Force is a real plug and play.

illGT4

edv-tek":12d4j43i said:
For someone who dosen't tune with a dyno and cars that don't have alot of mods the G-Force is a real plug and play.

except if they do not even attempt to tune it to your car; you may be up damage creek, without a preverbial paddle.

Otherwise, an upgraded rom is wonderful (ie: g-force, blitz, sard, ATS rom tune, etc...)

edv-tek

you may be up damage creek

Hope you are talking from experience but I doubt it. I had no complaints for what it was. I am now using Emanage. Buttttt, It G-Force did not lean out the engine so that it KNOCKED........... And I hope that you have a management system that is dyno tuned........and not the Butttt Dyno