Almost time for a paint job (The 56k Temple of DOOM!)

CMS-GT4

I plan on getting the car painted before the meet. My wife and I agreed the car needed to be done with the swap before I go paint it. I am going to try and sort code 54 this weekend, and that should be the last of my issue.
I am also going to buy a new bumper cover before I do this. I might keep this one for a spare, or something. its in good condition, but there are some scratches on the bottom.
I want the car to look perfect.

So here are the colors the car has been that I am trying to mimic.
If anyone knows the name and car of colors that are close let me know.

http://img51.exs.cx/img51/429/cmsgt4-poster1.jpg

I will most likely try matching this color, since the color in the previous picture was a fluke.

x3ci89xs.jpg

The closet oem paint I have found is from ponitac. Its a metalic silver, that lacks the gloss. More of a matte finish.

pontiac_bonneville_gxp_07.jpg

Meurz

No offence, but why didn't you paint it before the new engine went in? I assume you still have a mainly red engine bay now?

As for the colours (I'm not into codes and paint names and stuff) - How about visiting dealers from different makes for brochures with colour samples? Toyota had some nice grey/silver colours on the ZZT23

GT4RC

kinda pricey, but theres a SICK gunmetal color on a lot of newer BMW's that has very nice pearl look to it. Dunno how to explain it. I've seen a thread with a pic of it on here about a year or so ago.

CMS-GT4

I might have to hit dealers to see some colors.

BTW: THe engine bay was sprayed black when the engine was out.

Toxygene

I remember the older Mitsubishi Eclipses having this really interesting silver paint but with a sort of foggy pearl coat.

turbo4wd

I found the color..

Nissan Magnetic Gray - its a very close match - if you had a silver base coat applied, it'll probably give you exactly what youre looking for.

It's currently being used on the 07 Versa / 07 Sentra

iW1207021_1.jpg

CMS-GT4

That silver used to be on my list. I have seen lots of great photos of it, it is very close to one spectrum of my current paint. I wish I could have seen it in person. I also concidered a GM T/A puter.
I have seen it in person, but I am not as fond of it when its dirty.

Meurz

Hey Stefan's car. He's Dutch too. Shame he sold both cars now afaik.. :(
That's a very nice colour indeed 8)

Meurz

No he lives in the US due to his job I believe. That quicksilver car was immaculate and very low miles. He didn't want to single it because a low mileage QS is rare already, so he bought the other one pictured - single turbo. Simba might know him from the Supra scene?

Simba

Meurz":1kd9sjlw said:
Simba might know him from the Supra scene?

Never met him, but I know the car. As I said, if you want silver, quicksilver is impossible to beat. It's the only silver I've ever seen that looks awesome regardless of lighting conditions. Most of them are either too light during the day, or too dark at night for my taste. Quicksilver is just right.

Nearly painted my car that color, but Ferrari has biased me towards reds for the rest of my days.

GT4times2

I second the Supra Quicksilver. Or you can go with the E-Klasse Benz Sand. It's a tad bit closer to a tannish/beige/silverish color. Or if you want silver....Go with PPG Silbersee. Very nice silver. It gets confusing after a while. Too many colors and variations.

etantshi

Nice color. I think it's time for me to find a new red to paint my car... my clear coat is starting to flake from sitting in the sun all day.

CMS-GT4

More samples of the color I want, since that time is getting closer.

:evil:

the_team_wayne.jpg

supra6_6w.jpg

wotmstore_1963_48056001

track8.gif

track11.gif

wotmstore_1963_81382170

3.htm

1_1.jpg

Then I might also get my wheels painted a different silver that goes better. Maybe like the volk silver.