Mental ST185

Tazka

So here's my still pretty much stock st185, except the rims, they are from st20x . Im planning to get some 17" rims, coilovers, bucket seats, cse bumper etc.
But first i need to get some money! :oops:

btw. the car is a great traveller it has found it's way from usa to germany, to sweden and now to finland! :D

Anyway here's the pics.
old1.jpg

old2.jpg

old3.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tazka/185/old4.jpg

Sorry the pics are bad, i know.
I'll take better shots when i get the car in better shape. :wink:

maxaud

Looks good. At which point did they put the power folding mirrors, clear corners, and the fenders with blinkers on it?

Tazka

I really don't know. the history of this car is a bit of mystery to me. i have no information of it before it was imported to germany, and the information i have is quite minimal.

Tazka

eerm...can admin move this topic to the project area i didn't notice first that there was one. :twisted:

Tazka

Well atm im satisfied with the stock amount of power(Don't even have chance to get drivers license before august, im 17yrs old atm.), so im not sure about the engine tuning yet. But ill get stiffer suspension as i said, remove the spoiler, buy some CSE frontbumper and maybe a hood allso, 17" rims, spacers, bucket seats, some aftermarket steeringwheel and maybe rollcages and im trying to remove weight at the same time. So that's for the start.

TheAutoholic

Well, just so you know, those 6th gen Celica wheels are a half inch wider than stock all Trac wheels or wheels from any other generation even 7th gen. 8)

Tazka

Tested 18" TAG rims today, he asked 1300 € for the whole set, but i think 18" is too much for st185, plus those rims are maybe a bit too "Bling"...

Here's one pic of them. Click

E: Lol @ my sig :D

Tazka

lol, im happy that someone agrees with me, all my friends are saying that those are the best :D

BSA 345 17" is what im planning to get now, and im going to paint them white if i buy them.

Tazka

Little update to the project. :)

Today i painted the brakepads and 'centre', installed spacers to the rear and putted new wheels under my baby.

Brake pads+'centre' before and after:

BEFORE

AFTER (with spacers)

Pics with new shoes on.

rim1.jpg

rim2.jpg

d1alltrac

Why do you have the 90-91 center tail-light piece?

Looks good other than that, what are the specs on your new wheels?

Tazka

d1alltrac":3cs1nr91 said:
Why do you have the 90-91 center tail-light piece?

Looks good other than that, what are the specs on your new wheels?
Thanks,
I have no idea on the first question. :D
But im planning to remove the whole center light piece anyway, like in the TTE gt-four they had.

Oh sry, forgot to mention the wheel specs.
The wheels are Tecnomagnesio TM Racing, 17x7 ET37 with Kumho Ecsta supra tyres 215/40/17.

iMad

what are the dimensions of those spacers and are they custom made or bought as mass product ? (thing is i need spacers to, and i'm located in Estonia, but havent found anything from here)

Tazka

Thanks pinjo.

iMad-
I used 40mm custom made spacers.
Just go to some good wheel-shop in estonia, im sure they know where you can get spacers for your car.

here are some closeups of the rims and fenders.
rear
rear
rim
front
front

I allso made this photoshop where you can compare the looks between what it could look when lowered and the recent look.

Compare

And one poor edit allso:
click

iMad

i know where i can custom make them, but it's always cheaper to buy complete product, nice trac btw

Tazka

iMad":33yhj3fc said:
i know where i can custom make them, but it's always cheaper to buy complete product, nice trac btw
Yes that's what i meant, they should know where you can buy mass-producted ones. Atleast in Finland they do.