3sgte intake manifold

Gary

Here are some part diagrams courtesy of friend from overseas,
Look like ST215 Caldina's intake manifold can be bolt on the ST205 head.
Any one can confirm this?

st215manifold4xo.jpg

st205manifold2zd.jpg

st185manifold8ts.jpg

AWDios

That'd be nice to find out. Then the real question would be, if it's better to have the 215 manifold with a FMIC, or the 205 mani and a WTA, because it still seems like the FMIC isn't much of an improvement over the WTA

Zeus

AWDios":enhtusrb said:
That'd be nice to find out. Then the real question would be, if it's better to have the 215 manifold with a FMIC, or the 205 mani and a WTA, because it still seems like the FMIC isn't much of an improvement over the WTA

ide say that depends on the setup

InitialD93

did u manage to get those guys to give u part numbers for the manifold, gasket, and throttle body and gasket.... Toyota USA said cant get them... Toysport is a bunch of dicks

Toysport told me they cant give me the part numbers but they could get the parts... but they wont tell me how much it will cost me to get the parts unless i send them a $50 deposit... im not gona pay them $50 just to tell me prices if i might not even want to get it from them

OlyST185

Toysport is a bunch of dicks

yess indeed, me and tybrin ordered GT-FourRC emblem like 8 months ago and they said they lost them or something. they are sleeping on gas. curse 'em

Brian_S

Hi from the UK guys.

I can post the part numbers up for you later.

What advantage would this give for you though? I presume the throttle plate in a different position is the advantage?

AWDios

It's been argued that a side feed intake manifold gives more even amounts of air to all the cylinders. So basically we would need someone to be able to try this and show some results.

Brian_S

Oh right, I would probably argue that this isn't the case, unless you taper the plenum chamber down, which this doesn't appear to do externally. But you never know until you try sometimes.

I'll post the part numbers up soon, just have to pop home first...

InitialD93

need numbers for: manifold, manifold gasket, throttle body, throttle body gasket

all for the ST215 Caldina 3S-GTE

Side feed also keeps FMIC piping from running back over the engine before entering the manifold... thus keeping it cooler. Also the throttle body is larger on the side feed.

Brian_S

InitialD93":3a03voph said:
need numbers for: manifold, manifold gasket, throttle body, throttle body gasket

all for the ST215 Caldina 3S-GTE

Side feed also keeps FMIC piping from running back over the engine before entering the manifold... thus keeping it cooler. Also the throttle body is larger on the side feed.

Right, Inlet manifold gasket is 17177-88460. That's the same as the ST205 inlet gasket btw. Thought I'd check that.

Inlet manifold is 17101-88580
Throttle body is 22210-7A700 <- Yes, there is an A in the part number!
Throttle body gasket is 22271-88580

All for ST215 Caldina 3SGTE.

Here are some pictures to further identify the differences between the 205 and 215 engine:

ST205-
ST205_manifolds.gif

ST215-
ST215_manifolds.gif

InitialD93

well after making calls all day to Toyota USA, TRD USA, 2 local dealers, Nippon, Jarco, Soshin, CNS, Noyan.... supposedly the only way to get it into the country is through an importer (those previously mentioned would only get me full engine or trannies.. wouldnt even consider getting me the manifold alone)... Toyota USA refered me to Toysport. So i called Toysport and im waiting for a response.. maybe they will work with me better over the phone than they do with e-mails.

but after that if it dont work with them i am completely out of ideas... someone said something about Champion Toyota... can get JDM parts, but i dont have contact info for them.

my next option is to beg Roo to get me in contact with someone or to source the parts himself... after that im done searching... ill just have to save up for the aftermarket one i guess.

Anywho i spent my whole day playing secretary so im gona have a cig, make some soup and go play Halo 2... maybe Toysport will call me back (but probably not) :roll:

Brian_S

I've dealt with Jeff before. He can get JDM only parts. He has gotten me Rev3 ( 205 ) ignition leads for my MR2 turbo. They took a while to arrive, but he had to import them from Japan.

He should be able to help you out. You will need to keep on his case though, it seems to take him a while to actually post things out ;)

AWDios

Yeah Jeff is good. He's been trying to stock 205 parts. When I called up he had a 205 water pump on the shelf :)