Where does this thing go?!

8BitBrody

After doing heaps of work to replace a bad clutch, I'm about ready to wrap up everything in the engine bay. One problem I'm running into is this little box right here. (Apologies for the poor photo.)
https://imgur.com/KhUdSuz
I have no idea where this thing mounts! When I bought the car, it was never mounted in place, but now that I'm trying to tidy up everything and treat this vehicle properly, I'd like to put it where it belongs. Anyone have any photos of where to mount this little electronics box thingy, and maybe what size bolts I'd need to get it in place? This is one of the last things I need to get done before this car is ready to hit the road.

8BitBrody

Thanks for the size on the bolts! If you'd be able to get a photo of where it goes once you have a bit more light, you'd be an absolute life saver! =]

FC Zach

Look under fuse box/battery base.

37701882184_3514a8e60f_z.jpg

8BitBrody

Does it bolt directly to the body? I got the car in pieces, so I've been finding brackets left and right that I'm missing.

FC Zach

I think along the frame rail and to the battery platform but I'm unsure of this because as you see, I have very little space to look through.

underscore

According to the parts diagram they attach using the bracket currently attached to them in the picture, directly to the car.

8BitBrody

Awesome. I'll try to get it in there next time I go to work on the car. If I get it in, I can post a photo on here for anyone else looking for this weird info. Anyone know the name of that piece?

8BitBrody

Okay, I looked for over an hour the other day when working on my Celica, and could not, for the life of me, work out where this thing goes. Is anyone able to get any photos of where it is mounted in the car for me? As of right now, I just have the whole unit ziptied near the battery, which I'm sure is the absolute best and safest place for it to exist from now on, haha.

8BitBrody

I saw some similar things, I just hate that I can't figure out how to orient it. It's such a small thing, but I feel so dumb for not being able to figure it out.

If your looking at the photo you took in the first post, the hole on the left side is the hole that mounts to the chassis where the battery tray is. The wires coming out of the boxes should be facing the front of your car. When bolted in the bracket should bolt to the chassis, the it drops down so the packs are below the battery tray mount. The bolt hole that remains is used as a wire clip mount.

I think the problem your having is how awkward this thing looks when mounted. It sticks straight out and just hangs there. I bent the bracket on mine so it hangs down and is tucked a little bit more. Hope that is a clear enough explanation.