Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Celica All Tracs for sale

Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby scottinalaska » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:20 pm

black gt4.jpg
It was a black one from Japan. One of those importers from Japan. No glass sunroof or spats. Shiny black with risers for the spoiler. They called it a TRD edition, like one "actually" existed! If it was the WRC edition, then they'd be right. But it answers the question of what the market will bear for these cars. It sold for 17K. http://blackopsperformance.com/listings ... -four-trd/
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
scottinalaska
Club Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:50 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby lalojamesliz1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:56 am

It also says gen4 3sgte.... they sure are pricey huh
91 Celica all-trac gen3 swap
87 toy 5speed long bed
69 mustang
08 sequoia
14 avalon
and a 2 car garage :shoots:
lalojamesliz1
Club Member
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:03 pm
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby scottinalaska » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Considering you may be the "only one on the block" with one, it might not be too pricey! ANYone with 30 or 40K can buy a fast STi or EVo. But just about NO one can buy a ST205 in the US, even if you had 30K! Something to consider! Serious status! Oh, and all the right curves and all the right hardware in all the right places. Not a bad package. :-)
scottinalaska
Club Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:50 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby underscore » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:22 am

That seems like quite the premium just to get one a year early, but it depends on the cars actual condition I suppose.
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
It's for sale! http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=52181
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3864
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:29 pm
Location: Kelowna, BC

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby scottinalaska » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:36 am

Underscore,
It seems you'd be quite happy to see such a high price. You originally wanted 30K for your 185RC last year, as I recall. And the 205 comes with many of the RC goodies in place already. Just a note that's all. Not throwing stones. I do like the body style of the RC a whole lot!
scottinalaska
Club Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:50 am
Location: Alaska

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby gearhead313 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:42 pm

So they're slightly harder to get onto USA roads let alone in your hands. I think thats a fair price and I bet they'll go up from there. The 25yr rule is really helping all of us jdm heads out!

....yet im surprised the pulsar/sunny gtir's havent gone nuts yet. Thats another car that is on the radar.
ST165 counter:
#2597 - fail
#3193 - fail
#xxxx - sold
#4598 - sold to Canada eh
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/gearhead313/turbosticker.jpg[/img]
User avatar
gearhead313
Established Member
 
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:17 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

1988 Toyota Celica

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby underscore » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:54 pm

scottinalaska wrote:Underscore,
It seems you'd be quite happy to see such a high price. You originally wanted 30K for your 185RC last year, as I recall. And the 205 comes with many of the RC goodies in place already. Just a note that's all. Not throwing stones. I do like the body style of the RC a whole lot!


I still want $30k CAD for it, but as I'm not a dealer I'm not in a rush to sell it. Right now that's about $24k USD. To me that makes my car seem cheap or this car seem overpriced, considering the amount of work put into my car and that it's a special edition instead of a regular model being sold as an imaginary trim level.

From a purely performance standpoint you're right, buying a 205 over any 185 is a logical choice. But if that's how you're shopping then paying double what they're currently selling for in Canada just to get it 10 months early doesn't seem worth it to me.

As for this "importer" they seem to be another one that's popped up out of nowhere and lists a bunch of cars that aren't even close to US legal yet. I'd be questioning how they're getting these things on the road and if they even own the cars or if the listings are just bogus.
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
It's for sale! http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=52181
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3864
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:29 pm
Location: Kelowna, BC

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby GT4times2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:20 am

scottinalaska wrote:Considering you may be the "only one on the block" with one, it might not be too pricey! ANYone with 30 or 40K can buy a fast STi or EVo. But just about NO one can buy a ST205 in the US, even if you had 30K! Something to consider! Serious status! Oh, and all the right curves and all the right hardware in all the right places. Not a bad package. :-)



Clearly someone did and others have also (but for way less). There are at least 10 ST205s in the States. Some have been here years ago. Just saying. :)

In a year, or two there will be many more available. And no one in their right minds will pay $17k for a regular ST205. That's close to LHD ST205 price from Germany, Italy or Switzerland. There are also cars with larger cult followings such as EVO III and IV, Subaru GC8 chassis being legal in 2019. The ST205 will get its fair share of followers (mostly Alltrac guys :P )

But for the average Joe looking for a JDM car that'll be legal next year, the ST205 may not be the hottest commodity. So that may work in our favor. Max for an imported ST205...$12K. Give or take.
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE
12 Toyota Camry SE
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby GT4times2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:34 am

gearhead313 wrote:So they're slightly harder to get onto USA roads let alone in your hands. I think thats a fair price and I bet they'll go up from there. The 25yr rule is really helping all of us jdm heads out!

....yet im surprised the pulsar/sunny gtir's havent gone nuts yet. Thats another car that is on the radar.



With multiple importers bringing them here, the prices will be less than $17K. That I'm sure of. A decent R32 GT-R goes for mid $20k. The ST205 would be sitting on importer dealer lots with prices close to $20k. The average Joe will not pay that amount for any Celica GT-FOUR, unless it's something really special. The Pulsar/Sunny GTiRs have gained some value. But nothing astronomical. There were less GTiRs made than ST165, ST185s and ST205s, and the most I've seen one go for is around $12K. There's a price point you reach as a dealer that'll keep your cars sitting on a lot. These importers have their overhead, but also make a decent profit selling these cars at prices the market can bear. They're in the business to move inventory. There is demand for these cars; the reason why many importers have popped up in the past few years. But like regular dealers, if your car is priced above what most people will pay, it'll sit until the price is adjusted for it to sell. So don't expect ST205s to reach E30 M3 status or Tommy Makinen EVO status. Not gonna happen next year, or the year after. If you price it close to or above more popular JDM cars, it won't sell. And yes, the GTiR is also on my radar. Not going to pay above $8k-$9k door to door.
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE
12 Toyota Camry SE
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby GT4times2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:48 am

underscore wrote:
scottinalaska wrote:Underscore,
It seems you'd be quite happy to see such a high price. You originally wanted 30K for your 185RC last year, as I recall. And the 205 comes with many of the RC goodies in place already. Just a note that's all. Not throwing stones. I do like the body style of the RC a whole lot!


I still want $30k CAD for it, but as I'm not a dealer I'm not in a rush to sell it. Right now that's about $24k USD. To me that makes my car seem cheap or this car seem overpriced, considering the amount of work put into my car and that it's a special edition instead of a regular model being sold as an imaginary trim level.

From a purely performance standpoint you're right, buying a 205 over any 185 is a logical choice. But if that's how you're shopping then paying double what they're currently selling for in Canada just to get it 10 months early doesn't seem worth it to me.

As for this "importer" they seem to be another one that's popped up out of nowhere and lists a bunch of cars that aren't even close to US legal yet. I'd be questioning how they're getting these things on the road and if they even own the cars or if the listings are just bogus.



Not only from a performance standpoint. People have different tastes and will buy the car for different reasons. And I agree. I refuse to pay double because I couldn't wait. Makes zero financial sense.

Another thing, plenty of these shops/dealers have been popping up all over the state of Florida. Some legitimately bring in 25 year old cars, then you have those guys. There are many ways around it in FLA. It's a pretty relaxed state, and we have no emissions. Plus, I'd say Florida is what California is to the West Coast in terms of cars, except we don't have LA/CARB pricks up our butts all day. I've been seeing JDM cars since the 90s come thru the Caribbean Islands, Europe and Japan, many driving using dealer tags. It's hardly anything new. Now these guys are risking it, bringing cars that are years away from being exempt legally. At this point, I'm not going to risk it. We're reaching the Sweet Spot of Japanese era fun cars (Mid 90s). So why risk it at this point? If you can get a car and you're two yrs away, and you can store it while waiting, sure why not? A Celica GT-FOUR ST205 can blend in, but a Nissan Stagea Wagon? Good luck getting it out of Florida without headaches.
Frantz
12 Toyota Sienna LE
12 Toyota Camry SE
90 ST185 Gen4
88 ST165 Gen3-The works
89 ST165 Gen4-on the way
+ Many other projects, under covers....
GT4times2
Established Member
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby underscore » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:41 am

Not to mention good luck selling it. I don't know how all the paperwork works down there but once properly legal ones can roll in I doubt many would want to deal with one that was snuck in early. Which I'm guessing would make its value even lower than a recently imported one that was already cheaper. That seems like a fair bit of money to lose.
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
It's for sale! http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=52181
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God
 
Posts: 3864
Images: 0
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:29 pm
Location: Kelowna, BC

Re: Saw this 205 get sold in Florida last month

Postby Ryan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:43 am

Honestly i think the wrc st205 will be worth well over 12k (thats how much they cost to import a shitty one from japan). St185s seam to be going for 6000-10000 in good shape. And as a st205 owner x3 i can tell you the st185 has nothing on it. Anyway thats just my 2 cents people can choose to agree or dissagree either way with all the work and love ive put into my cars there is no way i could dream of selling for cheap :/
Ryan
Club Member
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 2:18 am


Return to All Tracs For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest