North American Alltrac Market Value reference

Celica All Tracs for sale

North American Alltrac Market Value reference

Postby CMS-GT4 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:53 pm

*If the mods think this belongs in another section please move.

As the alltrac continues to climb in collectors value, I feel we need to log what they are selling for so we can ascertain market values.
Too often I have seen over the years "whats this worth" or "They are not worth that price" etc...

What this thread isn't: A place to argue value based off opinions.

What this thread is: A place to post links to alltracs or gtfour imports that have sold in North America & Canada.

What to post: We need as much info as possible. While posting a link is helpful, most sales links will go away over time. So in addition to the link please post: the year sold, the production year, stock or modified, milage and price sold for.

If you have the information, a blurb of additional information would be a great addition to your post. For example, condition of paint, interior, as well as kinds of mods. If accident history is known, that would be helpful info as well.

Please include sales of rolling shells as well as this is a topic that has been up for debate for a long time.

As we get more data points I can add some graphs and more info in this post for easy access.
Based on my observation the price slowly declined from production date and got to its lowest in the early to mid 2000s, where it slowly began to rise again. It has been on a steady rise over the past 4 years or so, especially with good examples of the car.

I am also going to track clean standard models of the 18x chassis. These have been climbing as well, especially verts, and ours should be able to hold value over those considering rarity.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Last edited by CMS-GT4 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 03 350Z Track (sold) | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: North American Alltrac Market Value reference

Postby CMS-GT4 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Florida St205 1995
(Note this is not a legal import at this time. ) The seller also has incorrect information in the listing.
http://blackopsperformance.com/listings ... -four-trd/
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52653

Sold in 2018.
(Info copied from listing)
YEAR: 1995
MAKE: Toyota
MODEL: Celica
BODY STYLE: ST205 GT Four TRD
MILEAGE: 90,000 km
PRICE: $17,000
ENGINE: 3S-GTE
TRANSMISSION: 5-Speed Manual
DRIVETRAIN: AWD
EXTERIOR COLOR: Black
INTERIOR COLOR: Black
CONDITION: Sold

Take a look at this insane factory-built rally car. Here’s your chance to smoke all the Evo’s and STI’s in your neighborhood.

3S-GTE (Gen 4)
TRD Edition
Coldiron
www.noritoy.com | noritoy.deviantart.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby 819_ay » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:18 pm

I bought my 90 Gt-four A roughly 7 years ago
120k km
Stock engine
Stock faded paint
Apexi avcr
Basically nothing special
For about 4k CAD
I might have overpaid, but I knew nothing about these cars other then I liked them lol! And I'm glad I bought it because I love my money pit lol
Hope that helps
819_ay
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:27 pm

SOLD ON 2/5/18 FOR $9,700
92 St185 RC. Listed as a CS model. Possibly wrong information of listing.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992- ... -all-trac/

(Info copied from listing)
Lot #7971
Seller: starmotors
Chassis: Jt164stj500019826
139,829 Kilometers (~87k Miles)
Turbocharged 2.0L Inline-Four
5-Speed Manual
Black over Black Leather
Carlos Sainz Edition
#2283 of 5000 Produced
December 1991 Production Date
Private Party or Dealer: Dealer
Additional Charges From This Dealer: USD $75

This 1992 Toyota Celica GT-Four Carlos Sainz Edition is a limited-production version of the homologation model for Toyota’s WRC-winning rally car. The car was sold new in Italy and was imported in 2016 to Canada, where it was acquired by the selling dealer on BaT in June 2017. Finished in black with a black interior, all Carlos Sainz editions featured a unique hood, bumper, side decals, and additional upgrades when compared to the standard models. Power comes from a 2.0L 3S-GTE inline-four that sends power to all four wheels through a 5-speed manual transmission. As noted in the previous listing, a silicone turbo hose and aluminum radiator have been added by a previous owner, and the car is now offered by the selling dealer with a clean New York title.

An estimated 3,000 Celica GT-Four homologation models were produced for the European market. This car was manufactured in December 1991, which allows the car to be imported to the United States under the 25-year exemption. The selling dealer notes that some areas of the car have been repainted, and blemishes are present from use.

All Carlos Sainz models received a unique vented hood with a small inlet duct for cam belt cooling in addition to a more aggressive fascia. Some corrosion is noted around the rear window, and the rear wiper arm has notable pitting present.

The black leather sports seats have multiple creaks and cracking present on the seating surfaces, and the rubber on the driver’s carpet has begin to delaminate. A plaque commemorating the limited production is mounted to the lower center console and shows this car as #2283 of 5000.

An aftermarket radio is installed in place of the factory unit, and the seller notes that the current radio does not pick up US signals. The odometer currently shows 139,829 kilometers (~87k miles).

Power comes from a turbocharged 2.0L inline-four that carries an air-to-water intercooler unique to the RC models, and the engine has been upgraded with silicone turbo hoses and an aluminum radiator. It is backed by a 5-speed manual transmission that runs through a Torsen limited-slip rear differential to all four wheels.

A puff of blue smoke under acceleration is present, which the seller attributes to a malfunctioning turbo seal. Multiple undercarriage photos can be seen in the gallery. A video of the engine has been provided by the seller as seen below.
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby CMS-GT4 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:51 pm

St165 SOLD ON 4/5/17 FOR $3,500

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1988- ... a-alltrac/

Lot #3745
Seller: Thegreatmandito
Chassis: JT2ST68M0J0004232
99,256 Miles
Turbocharged 2.0-Liter Inline-Four
5-Speed Manual Transmission
All-Wheel-Drive
Extensive Recent Servicing
New Kumho Tires
Factory Books/Manuals
Spares Included
Accident-Free Carfax
Private Party or Dealer: Private Party

This 1988 Toyota Celica All-Trac was purchased by the seller about two years ago and has been driven approximately 400 miles since. This unmodified example shows 99,256 miles and had been sitting for a few years before the seller’s acquisition. Maintenance to get it back in roadworthy condition included replacing ignition components, fuel pump, four wheel bearings, various hoses, air filter, battery, alternator, and more. The turbocharged 2.0-liter DOHC inline-four sends power to all four wheels through a 5-speed manual transmission, and this Celica is sold with an accident-free Carfax, spare parts, recent service records, factory books/manuals, and a clean Indiana title in the seller’s name

The driver-side is believed to have been repainted at some point, with the finish fading over time in various areas as shown above and detailed in the photo gallery. The seller notes various door dings and rust issues on the sunroof cover. The factory alloy wheels are noted to be clean at all four corners and wear new Kumho tires. Two hubs and all four wheel bearings were recently replaced.

Inside, everything has been left stock down to the factory leather upholstery, carpeting, and AM/FM cassette stereo system. The driver’s seat shows heavy wear, particularly on the bolsters, while the passenger-side appears to be in better condition. No rips are said to be present, but one seam is separating on the driver-side as shown in the photo gallery. The top of the rear seat is in poor shape.

The seller states that all electronics are in good order including the lumbar support, horn, all lighting, power windows/mirrors, and the stereo. The sunroof is functional, though the rust issues make closing it difficult. The R12-equipped A/C is noted to engage and the compressor spins freely, though it is currently inoperable. Each All-Trac came with a 5-speed manual transmission putting power down via a viscous-coupling center differential. Curb weight was just under 3,200 lbs.

The turbocharged and intercooled 2.0-liter 3S-GTE inline-four is unmodified and even retains its original All-Trac specific hose clamps and air diverter for the alternator. The seller purchased this car after the prior owner had an engine issue and left the car sitting for a few years. The seller has since replaced the battery, spark plugs and wires, distributor, alternator, engine air filter, fuel filter, fuel pump, power steering hoses, and cleaned the fuel tank. He drained and filled the transmission and differential, and also flushed the brake lines, coolant, and intercooler coolant.

Some work was performed by a local Toyota dealership with recent records included and displayed in the photo gallery below. Several thousand dollars were reportedly spent on the mechanical reconditioning of this Celica. A compression test was run after the seller got the car running, with notes showing readings of 130+ psi in all cylinders.

In addition to the service records, some spare parts, the factory books/manuals, and period literature will also be included with the sale. Spares are shown in the photo gallery.

The accident-free Carfax report shows 30 records, consistent mileage recordings, and no issues. It appears the latest registration renewal was in October 2016. Videos of this All-Trac can be seen below:
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby ChrisD » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Another key data point to capture is the cars grade if possible. Although subjective and caries at different auctions (also falsely claimed by some shady importers), it is helpful. A grade 3and a grade 4 will fetch widely different values.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
1988 ST165
1994 ST205 WRC
ChrisD
Established Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:02 pm

That would be a great data point to add. If people are familiar with the system. I do think without setting a standard or educating the forum, we might have a wide range of what people think falls into which scale.

I'll add my car for data point, though I feel anything older than the past decade isn't too relevant.
Keep in mind, I got mine on the lower end of the scale. At the time, the average 185 was going for 15-20k. I got lucky by being patient.

Sold in 1999 for $10,500.
$400 airline ticket to go get it. (No one ever considers transportation costs.)
1992 Red.
68k on the car. Showroom condition. Loaded. Stock.
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Re: North American Alltrac Market Value for 205 in the US

Postby scottinalaska » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:28 am

ebay sale on silver gt4 in 2016.jpg

Above is the ad from ebay from my inbox over a year ago. This was a 1996 model sold in 2016. Legally imported into the US in the 90s. All paperwork included. I bought it from a Japanese gentleman here in Alaska and sold it on ebay. It was left with him along with some other GT4 Celicas by a diplomat from Japan, a relative, back in 2000. Japan was still doing well then and Asians traditionally give good gifts to one another!
It sold for 15K pretty quick. It was all stock, clutch slipped in 5th when the turbo spooled hard. No smoke. Under 80K miles. It was all converted to miles when it became US legal to fed standards. Cool, huh? Slight exhaust leak at the flex tube. Interior was near perfect. Looked like one of the rear quarter panels had a respray. That was about it. No real rust issues. Plain Jane GT4. But handled fantastic. Feel free to contact me directly if you want more info. 907-885-7700. It was an interesting family with more than one of these GT4s still stored in the garage. The long-gone diplomat and his wife somehow knew what they were doing when they brought the perfect cars to Alaska on the Japanese government's dime when he traveled here 20 years ago! So he did! When he returned to Japan, he left them with his relatives. They haven't put more than a couple hundred miles on the cars a year. And I seem to be the favored person who gets to buy them from him! :-) Here are a couple more pics of the car before I sold it.
Scott

front with lights.jpg

celica left rear.jpg
scottinalaska
Club Member

Postby GTSfreak » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:03 am

I've been looking for alltrac's here in ca and man they are far and few between.

And the prices seem to have a wide range.

Recently i had come across a genuine jdm alltrac only 5k but he posted on there specifically that it was not ca registered because its competition use only. so with that fact i know that the car would cost more to make it legal if at all. so that one was out of the option.

Next i found one for 4k but it had 256k miles on a supposedly rebuild engine but needed a throw out bearing.

I also came across another one for 3k that was listed on here but he sold it yesterday. He said it needed engine work. and made a knocking sound. had around a 160k on the clock.

Now the only one i can find for sale here in california the guy is asking 7k. The clock reads a 187k, a few mods but needs a steering rack he claims. paint is faded to the point where clear is wearing down and the interior has its nicks and tears. I just don't know where some of these prices come from.

I have also looked at neighboring states for these cars ( specifically st185's ) and i can tell they're rare. but man the prices some people are asking just don't make sense. just wish i could find one here in ca that runs and drives with interior thats mostly intact for around 4500 range.
GTSfreak
Club Member

Postby FC Zach » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:44 am

GTSfreak wrote:I've been looking for alltrac's here in ca and man they are far and few between.

GTSfreak wrote:I have also looked at neighboring states for these cars ( specifically st185's ) and i can tell they're rare.

With these two statements made, why doesn't it "make sense"

GTSfreak wrote:just wish i could find one here in ca that runs and drives with interior thats mostly intact for around 4500 range.

Good luck in your search, especially for a running and driving car at that price. My motto for anybody in regards to buying a rare/niche project like these cars are, is to buy the best example that you can afford. You'll find that it costs more in the long-run otherwise.
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
FC Zach
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby GTSfreak » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:30 pm

FC Zach wrote:
GTSfreak wrote:I've been looking for alltrac's here in ca and man they are far and few between.

GTSfreak wrote:I have also looked at neighboring states for these cars ( specifically st185's ) and i can tell they're rare.

With these two statements made, why doesn't it "make sense"

GTSfreak wrote:just wish i could find one here in ca that runs and drives with interior thats mostly intact for around 4500 range.

Good luck in your search, especially for a running and driving car at that price. My motto for anybody in regards to buying a rare/niche project like these cars are, is to buy the best example that you can afford. You'll find that it costs more in the long-run otherwise.

Well theres a difference between a rare car and a rare valuable car. from what im seeing even though they are rare they don't seem to be that valuable of a car.

I know there is such a thing as supply and demand.

its like what i mentioned earlier about the alltrac that the guy was asking 7k for. 186k miles, id say thats asking high even considering the rarity of the car. but then again thats just my opinion. im still new to these cars.

Just from the prices ive seen them listed for it seems like an alltrac thats in the 186k range that runs seems like it would go for around 5k give or take.

For that price its almost comparable to some that are great condition for 8k.
GTSfreak
Club Member

Postby underscore » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:14 am

edit: deleted for being off topic.
Last edited by underscore on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
It's for sale! http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=52181
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God

Postby FC Zach » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:30 am

underscore wrote:On a ~25 year old car I'd say mileage doesn't matter as much as maintenance does. Stuff is going to dry up and wear out either way after that much time.

My thoughts exactly, people get too caught up on the milage of cars. My RX7 has over 225k but that doesn't bother me. . . I've literally gone over everything in that car and it's as good as new. Doesn't look bad either ;) mostly because it has more money in it than it's worth but I'm ok with that too since I'll never sell it :)
1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac
1987 Mazda RX7 Sport
1979 Yamaha G1A, rotary powered with Sachs KM24
1976 Hercules W2000, oil injected
FC Zach
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby jeffdsanderson_uk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:09 am

Well I am sat here in the UK, in the snow and unable to use either my CS or my UK WRC 205 due to a bad back.
I wonder what export costs would be for me to send my cars 'over there' Ha!!
jeffdsanderson_uk

Postby CMS-GT4 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:01 am

Please keep this thread to data points of cars sold, not asking prices and opinions.
Relatively speaking a gt sells here from 1k to 4k, and a vert sells from 4-6k. Prices are going up on all Celica models and here we are trying to track that to determine the market.
Coldiron
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Next

Return to All Tracs For Sale