T-vis gone bad, engine damaged


Whoppa, and 300.000 kms (with working tacho) :D



Fixing the ERL leaking.
About 10 kms from my place there is an rubber company who is selling real small O - ring seals.
The old leaking seal was 10,44 mm, internal and 1 mm thick. I could order different sizes and took the 10,3 mm - 1 mm seal.
Yesterday evening I installed the bits and pressurized (approx 10 bar!) the system. This morning there still was 10 bar, so this problem is solved too.
Tacho is working, ERL too. Next week to the painter for some paint refurbisment.
Only thing left is the cold air entering in the cabin at high vehicle speeds. But that will wait till after the paint job.


Re-installed the ERL parts, took the car for a test drive and find out that it is working great again.

Also, I found out that suddenly the engine is idling at around 2.000 rpm???? Huh, where did that come from??
Last weekend all was good!
Realizing that I did not touch any hose or what ever to create an vacuumleak I suspected the TPS.

So, I connected the laptop to the car and I noticed that the Throttle Position Sender was showing an opening from 1,8%, but the throttle was 100 % closed. Hmmm, not good. Ecu probably thinking the throttle is openend and messing around with fuel and ignition.
Anyway recalibrating the TPS with the Autronic is super easy: disconnect the TPS, reconnect, hit full throttle for about five seconds and ready :smokes:

Engine idles normally again.


Took out the fanhousing this weekend. This because I was still struggeling with cold air entering the cabin somewhere around this housing.
Removing is an challenge because the most top bolt is behind the dash and an heating vent pipe. Anyway, after some nasty words and lots of sweat, I managed to remove this housing.

There are two large outlets, what are opened as soon as you choose to close the outside incoming air. The fabric what is sitting on this doors is gone after 30 years. Hmmm, can happen. But, since I have never used this function in the 28 years I own the car, I decided to block this vents permanent. If I am going to regret this, I can always remove the housing again and make some doors that seal good. For now I am going to test this.

Installed the housing this evening, PITA too, of course.

Anyway, some pictures from the housing before I blocked the vents. The big one is attachable from the passenger seat. But the other vent is facing the firewall and is impossible to block without removing the housing.