More Smoke???

superalltrac

Hey guys, here's another smoke problem. I've checked other posts and haven't found any that match my symptoms, so I was wondering if anyone can help.
Here's how my situation goes. I'll start the car up after it's been sitting for awhile, now I can either let it warm up or just take off, the results are the same. After a minute or two of running if the car is aloud to idle around 800 rpm (and the oil pressure drops) I get some wicked smoke coming from the tail pipe. :cry: The smoke lasts at low rpm's until the car is all warmed up, about 10 min, and presto no smoke even at 800rpm. Now if I don't let the car idle below 1500 rpm for those 10 min, there's no smoke at all. :shrug:
Now, my oil is fine there is no antifreeze present and my antifreeze also looks good. My compression is so so, at about 140 in all 4 cylinders. But I do use alot of oil, about a litre every 500 to 1000 km's. I can't figure this thing out. :twisted: The smoke I would say is mostly white, it has a slight oil smell but no burning antfreeze sent at all. And during high, hard boost I get the normal black, grey smoke.
I hope there is someone out there with the knowledge to help.

Thanks,
Trevor

alltracman78

Maybe the turbo exhaust seal is just STARTING to go? Oil seeps out 'til it's warmed up, or if the exhaust flow is enough, it will keep it from leaking?
Are you losing anything else but oil?

superalltrac

I was starting to think that the turbo might be the problem as well. I am not loosing anything else but oil.
I'm not sure if it will help but I also wanted to add that my plugs appear to have started burning hot. I have used these plugs many times before Bosch copper core (can't think of # right now) and I do not have any oil soot build up on them (like if I was burning oil throught the cylinders)