Cooling fans stuck ON?

defgeph

I was just wondering if there where any other plugs that you jumped ?
Also did you completely remove the ac pump or is it still plugged in ?

I'm also having this same problem with my swap.

185RC
6th gen chassis
No A/C
all lines Pump removed

Thanks for the help guys
DEF

tw2

I have removed the AC including the pump (under alternator) I did nothing with this plug, just taped it up and left it. My fans were running constantly as well but stopped after jumping the 2 wires up by the windscreen wiper motor. I did not touch any other wires or plugs. hope this helps

siralys

thats funny as hell I just had to diagnose and fix this exact same problem in my toyota electrical class. My instructor pulled out the pins in the ac high pressure switch. Lots of available voltage and continuity checks! We did ours on a 93 camry. Had to check all 3 fan relays and that fun stuff. My teacher hated me so I got all the tough ones like having to do my proficiency tests for starter and alternator testing on a new tacoma while everyone else got the 4 cylinder cars. Oh well I got first in the class and gave him a big f you when we were done. Good job finding that one it took me a while.

UtahSleeper

Bumping this old thread.

So, all you should have to do on a ST165 is jump the wires and the fan should turn off, right? I tried grounding one of the wires and that turned off the fan, but wasn't sure if that would be good long term.

Also, at what temp should the cooling fans normally turn on?

UtahSleeper

Bump. Does anyone have a pic of the plug that you should be able to ground to bypass all the safeguards that make the fan constantly run?