$5000 to spend on my All-Trac

pog0

The 3rd gen 3sgte is a great motor but a lot of us dont wanna go through the hassle of smog, plus little things that go wrong when doing a swap.

If you got money to spend, do all your maintenance, and get an exhaust.

BTW, my exhaust system + HKS Hiper was only $1200 :D This was when Aussie first came out, and when our dollar was worth more.

190hpcelica

i think it would be betta of if you rebuild the eng. right now i have 5k to play with too. the problem is mine isnt a st185, you could just rebuild it then upgrade your turbo. and if you can go 2 a local shop and ask how much can you get a custom exhaust system. rebuild turbo. if im correct you should have about 1000-1200 left ova

illGT4

190hpcelica":1pg8b72i said:
i think it would be betta of if you rebuild the eng. right now i have 5k to play with too. the problem is mine isnt a st185, you could just rebuild it then upgrade your turbo. and if you can go 2 a local shop and ask how much can you get a custom exhaust system. rebuild turbo. if im correct you should have about 1000-1200 left ova

What?

Bad idea to let "a local shop" touch your 3S-GTE...

PhilipK

Ok, well I have thought about it and the ST205 is to much work and to hard to get. So I want to rebuild mine or get a new block from Toyota. My goal is 300-350 hp and I want to use this as a daily driver, so would it be better to rebuild or get a new block? So far I am for sure getting the full Aussie system, so if you just could help me out on what other upgrades to get that would be great. I really want to learn everything about this car and keep it forever so I am willing to put alot of time into it and listen and read up on it.

Thank you for all the help

PS: When I start to do this I can take alot of pictures!

illGT4

Well to be honest, if you want daily driver reliability and 350hp, you'll need a stand alone ECU.

So... (i'm rounding these prices up, just incase you want to pay more...)

$1500 new oem block
$2000 EMS and tune
$1500 Aussie Exhuast

done. There went $5000 and that didn't include labor...

So... for $5000, better change the hp goal down quite a bit...

$1500 new oem block
$1500 aussie exhuast

+ $2000 left over, but short of hp goal...

hmm.... well ATS racing offers a "package tune" which includes

Rom tuned ECU
CT26 upgrade (t04e compressor wheel & turbine housing upgrade)
Uprated FPR
Lower thermostat

They are saying 300awhp is very possible.

$? I cannot recall the price, contact ATSracing.net I do believe it's under $1500.. I KNOW it's under $2000

Well how's that for options?

PhilipK

Ok, what if I get a CT20b, how much can a stock engine take safely? and would I also have to upgrade the injectors? Also would a custom intake manifold help?

illGT4

ilikemycelica":z9hpxf8h said:
Ok, what if I get a CT20b, how much can a stock engine take safely? and would I also have to upgrade the injectors? Also would a custom intake manifold help?

Are you talking about the ct20b on a 2nd gen or 3rd gen?? Difference in injector sizes there.

"safely" is hard to determine, but IMHO around 325whp. on the injectors that come with the 3rd gen. (540cc) The number for a 2nd gen is around 275whp. (440cc)

Again you can make a lot of power with bigger injectors, etc...

The 3S-GTE in either first or second gen trim or third gen trim, is able to make quite a bit of power. The turbo, injectors, planning and tuning is obviously important.

Set some goals as to what hp you realistically want. Then figure what size injectors it takes to "safely" get there. Decide how much you want to spend. And what type of engine managment it's going to need. And what turbo you want to use. And whether you want to try and make power on an unopened motor. (people are making a good amount)

There are a lot of variations here. But this will give you an idea of what it takes to make a good combination of things, just as good, when it is put all together.

PhilipK

Ok, I have a 2nd gen engine. I have $5000 to spend, and can go higher if needed. I would like 300 hp to the wheels. I am new to all this so all this help is great. So what size injectors would I need to do that and other parts.

illGT4

illGT4":3azy5uoh said:
"safely" is hard to determine, but IMHO around 325whp. on the injectors that come with the 3rd gen. (540cc) The number for a 2nd gen is around 275whp. (440cc)