Fuel Leak from filter HELP PLEASE

Indy3sgte

Well I got my car all back together after replacing a crap load of gaskets and cleaning the manifold and turbo. While waiting for parts I decided to replace my fuel filter. Heres the thing...

I started up the car and looked for leaks, I found a little fuel suttering out by the left front tire...first thing I thought of is that I had a loose fitting. Nope turns out I somehow kinked the line on the bottom part of the fuel filter when I installed it :shoots:

How do I replace the line?? Can I leave the engine in...any other alternatives?

Dan

sardgt4

Dan,

I upgraded my fuel lines to a -6 twin fed fuel rail with 550s. I didnt intend to touch the fuel lines below the fuel filter but i noticed a kink in my line so i decided to replace about 2 feet of piping to -6 earls stainless steel hose. Wasnt easy to do but if you decide to go through this route you will need a adaptor for the fuel filter im pretty sure its 12mm to -6. you will need 2 -6 fittings, a -5 b nut and sleeve, and a -5 to -6 male to male adaptor. You will have to flare out the pipe to install the bnut. Kind of complicating and frustrating to do but I couldnt think of anything else to do at that that point. Unless you feel like welding a new pipe piece to it. :shrug: I hope you find a easier solution. Hope this helps somewhat.

Good luck,

John 92 st185

goldfish

I had a kink in mine as well and at the time i didn't have access to any AN fittings, so what i did was go to autozone and get a piece of steel pipe with flared ends and fittings (a couple bucks) and a small pipe bender. I cut off the section about 3 inches into the hard line where there is a straight section, and bent my new pipe to match the curve of the old one. installed new fittings and it works okay. This is NOT easy to do and you have to be VERY careful that you dont pinch the pipe in the process of bending it, wich is very easy to do. After going through that large amount of trouble to do this, i would strongly suggest that you go with the same way that John did it. In fact, sometime soon i plan to do the same thing anyway. My current setup works fine, but i didn't paint the steel tube after i sanded it a bit on the outside and now it is showing some surface rust. I plan to replace it all....