Ac removal help

Killtodie

Corey Darling":1rsl886l said:
I've been running the stock AC pulley for 50,000 km. still works good, no noise, never slipped.

Well, I had my main belt shred twice leaving only two strands left. I drive 70 miles everyday, I dont want to leave it to chance.

$50 for a pulley is nice. I guess I can try going to a junkyard, but I honestly rather just buy it new.

underscore

I got one from a Tercel, really any FWD Toyota from that era should have one that will work. Then for the the belt just ask for a 86-89 Celica GTS without AC.

Locker

I ran my car with no pulley for years... probably 50,000km including 2 seasons of Autocross.
I simply ran a 90 GT Non-AC belt. it fits perfect... you have to put the belt on the crank and the Alternator then shove the alternator in place. I use a 14mm nut to space the bottom of the alternator from the bracket and boom...

I never had issues with charging, noise or anything else. I just works.

Killtodie

I already deleted the AC, and Im running a shorter belt. I would just like to have a proper pulley.

I have no undergaurds on my car, and have shredded two belts due to debris being sucked up. I dont want the same thing to happen, and have the belt completely come off because of the smooth pulley. $50 for one is a fair price, just want to verify that that is the correct one.