Need help. Car running way too rich.

jaydog82

I need to smog my car here in ca, its also not running well so rich. This is the first emission testing since two years ago when I got the car running.

So everything has 7k miles on it, had new o2 sensor, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor, new cat. Running oe ecu.
I have a wideband on it so I know what Afr it runs.

When its cold it runs 14.7 to 15 when at idle and cruse. After it is driven for a while at op temp it starts to run rich. As rich as 12-11.5 at idle and cruising.

As far as I can tell the AFM and o2 are good. How can I be sure, I will post some videos later.

psipwrd

I had a similar prob when I first got my alltrac. I found a combination of things: Brittle vacuum lines, bad PCV, bad rad cap, fouled plugs and bad valve seals and valve cover gasket.

jaydog82

I think I figured out my problem, the feed wire for the o2 sensor was getting grounded out in the wire harness. I ran a new wire from the ecu to the o2. Now it runs great Afr. 14.7-14.4 at idle and at 2500rpm. I am trying to figure out if I should smog it as is or run 1/2 tank of e85. What do you guys think?